The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not calling the fish small, but.. I am well known for forced perspective with my fish photos...

Those things are a lot of fun. Looks to be about half the length of your kid, so they were obviously stoked! Was the ingredients it the fish or the dressing that made the dish so good?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oven roasted confit duck Maryland with stuck fat potatoes, caramelized leek, and a mustard tarragon sauce. I ripped this up on Saturday afternoon in a bit of a rush to take to work for dinner. I think I used enough pans to make dinner for 10 people! I had a long shift with no details so figured I'd need some food. Of course it was a never ending wedding! Chefs set me aside a meal. I got out about 1am. Married couple were older, had young adult kids from previous marriages etc, one of whom they were relying on as a post wedding chauffer...but he nicked off well before the end of the wedding. Poor married couple sitting on a park bench outside waiting for this kid to rock up for almost an hour!

IMG20230925112328~2.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A few recent ones:

Fried rice:
IMG_7243.jpeg

Lamb's fry (saw the meat in the supermarket, hadn't had it in at least 15 years I reckon - was a nostalgic treat):
IMG_7245.jpeg

Onion, cabbage and bacon cheesy pasta (doesn't look much, but is plenty tasty):
IMG_7294.jpeg

Roast pork and crackling, roast taters and pumpkin, steamed green beans:
IMG_7317.jpeg

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A few recent ones:

Fried rice:
View attachment 403246

Lamb's fry (saw the meat in the supermarket, hadn't had it in at least 15 years I reckon - was a nostalgic treat):
View attachment 403247

Onion, cabbage and bacon cheesy pasta (doesn't look much, but is plenty tasty):
View attachment 403248

Roast pork and crackling, roast taters and pumpkin, steamed green beans:
View attachment 403249
How the fuck are you single? I know some borderline alcoholic, low functioning hotties, who would be all over you like a cheap prosecco.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't often cook steak at home. Between the mess, smell, and smoke alarm it's just too much hassle. But sometimes...like today. I had a large slab of picanha in the fridge and decided my late (had a busy arse shift across the part of the day normal people eat lunch) lunch was going to be light and steak. I also tossed it in an overnight dry brine last night in case this mythical bbq that was supposed to be tonight came together (that is now going out to a restaurant). So into the pan, high heat, smoke everywhere, steak in the gas flames, sear sear sear you fucker! I managed to not set off the smoke alarm. And here it is with a moderate crust, asparagus, not quite a Pico de Gallo, and spicy burger sauce:

IMG20231009171712~2.jpg

And here is the next 3 meals of it:
IMG20231009171031~3.jpg

And here is me being cheeky with some crusty tip pieces they were awesome:

IMG20231009165446~2.jpg