The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ripped up a quick stir fry before trail time. Some frozen veggies and a bit of bbq chook with soy sauce sesame oil coriander chillies and sesame seeds. I didn't have any garlic on hand. I'm trying to convert to more frozen veggies as I often end up throwing out the fresh items I buy.

IMG20230713134856~3.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't let Uncle Roger see that.
He'd be fuming. The bbq chook was apparently memphis style bbq chicken! It was maybe a little smokier than usual...just. But he has all day to stand around and play with food. I'm on the go! Can't stay still with a sinus full...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hmmmmm...I really should cook that piece of pork loin.

IMG20230720125243~3.jpg

Roasted at 200⁰c over a bed of orange slices, dry tarragon, and garlic. Sadly the orange flavour didn't get a long way into the pork, but it helped keep it juicy. I was also annoyed at that darker patch in the skin...the patch that didn't crackle into a rock hard piece of pork candy! Otherwise it was a successful operation.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I had a guest last night, so prepared some desserts on the fly. Had to think quick and use what was laying around, ended up with black forest pavlova.

View attachment 401329

Mini pavs (store brought), creme diplomate, black cherry compote, crumbled pav, chocolate crumble. It was pretty tasty.
Did you get laid for that effort?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
Don't let Uncle Roger see that.
I had NFI about Uncle Roger until I made fried rice a little while ago for my kids and they started going on about it. Standard joke now every time I make it is "Would uncle Roger have to put his leg down from chair?". They've forgiven me for using a scanpan paella pan instead of a wok.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had NFI about Uncle Roger until I made fried rice a little while ago for my kids and they started going on about it. Standard joke now every time I make it is "Would uncle Roger have to put his leg down from chair?". They've forgiven me for using a scanpan paella pan instead of a wok.
Buy two and become a wok fuck boy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

As long as you are using a metal spatula on the non-stick pan all can be forgiven.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can't kitchen is too small, if it isn't muli purpose it doesn't deserve a space unless it is an espresso machine.

Espresso machines are multi purpose! You can make coffee, hot chocolate, tea, scrambled eggs, fancy foams for your 5 star dinners....and you can farm cockroaches in them.

ausdb

Being who he is
Espresso machines are multi purpose! You can make coffee, hot chocolate, tea, scrambled eggs, fancy foams for your 5 star dinners....and you can farm cockroaches in them.
I'll tick off the first two, never really enjoyed tea from the boiler water so use the kettle for that and probably the last but not intentionally. I've heard of the scrambled eggs but never been game to try it, have you? What sort of fancy foams?