The cooking thread

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Are you wanting it to make your own tofu, or to squeeze out the water of store bought tofu?
If the latter, I made a simple press with two chopping boards and 4 coach screws with appropriate sized wing nuts (stainless steel)

My sister makes her own tofu with a press like this:

You'll need to use cheese cloth with it.
I'm looking at making some with seeds, nuts and legumes other than soy. I've seen those ones or similar, the ones with a couple of nuts like yours, which would be easy to DIY and some that have an adjustable spring to apply the pressure.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Behold a delicious but unphotogenic curry! It looks like a messy turd but tastes awesome. About 6 hours in the slow cooker for the lamb shanks with a few scoops of Keen's, a lot of garlic and coriander "pesto" (that I made). Then an assortment of random veggies and coconut cream for a few hours. Don't forget the lentil!!! I put a lot of lentils in this to thicken it up. Served here with some crispy baked potatoes at lunch time.

IMG20230620131710~2.jpg

And I'm just now finishing a bowl of salted maple caramel pop corn, stove top of course.

IMG20230620182535~2.jpg

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Red lentil tofu is now in the fridge setting. I was left with all the stuff that didn't dissolve into the liquid which formed something akin to bread dough once it was squeezed out. Feeling a bit peckish after a big day of doing bugger all I figured I'd cook up some of the waste to see what it is like. Rolled into little balls with some chili and garlic and then fried came up pretty good. Definitely worth the experiment.