The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck...feel like I'm th only who cooks. Anyway someone said I can't eat meat all the time, so I made baked beans (with some veggies, garlic, herbs, tomatoes, chillies and cheese. I tried to melt some chilli seeds into the cheese but they just became black specs on the surface. It tasted pretty good though. Good luck keeping the doona on tonight!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I just did dead cow and home made chips (air fried). Totally home made in the case of the sweet potato and carrots.

I have a pork fillet lying in the fridge surrounded by cloudy apple cider, a sliced apple, some chilli honey and a modicum of garlic. Tomorrow's din dins. But what to have with it?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The drunk pork fillet was consumed tonight.

First made a roast vegetable salad in the airfryer except for the tomato. Chili, red onion and baby capsicum were only done for 10 mins at 160C while the rest was subjected to about 20 mins at 180C. Then dumped on spinach fresh from the airfryer to wilt the spinach.

Pork fillet was sealed then oven baked for 15 minutes.
Mostly this...

Apple Cider Glazed Pork Tenderloin - RecipeTin Eats

Added a sliced apple to the marinade and then mashed that up with electricity when making the sauce so it was more a spicy apple sauce than a mustard sauce.

It was so so yummm.

Salad:

Foods:

Well and truly worth the 24 hours of don't touch me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks nice. You like the air fryer? I use or for work a little bit and hate it...prefer to use conventional oven when I can.

safreek

I think I may have started I thread.

My food.

Pastrami brined and smoked, 1 week to make this.

View attachment 374887

Pasta I can do in my sleep.

View attachment 374888

Tooooonaaa

View attachment 374889

Taco, masa flour, not easy to find or get right, moar on this later.

View attachment 374891

Burgers!! A weekend favorites.

View attachment 374893

Epic flat breads!

View attachment 374894

I love cooking.

I'll update later with tips and tricks.
You forgot to cook the fish:oops:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Looks nice. You like the air fryer? I use or for work a little bit and hate it...prefer to use conventional oven when I can.
I only use it for veges and I like it for doing roasted or chipped stuff. Either way it is 20 mins to get the veges on the table so very quick and apart from a light spray of avocado oil there is nothing else on the veges.

Did try a dry fry of chicken and it was ok but the potato starch didn't brown up properly and I think I prefer deep frying (twice) for the crisp it gives.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Why is it the tastiest food always looks like vomit? :p

EDIT: Not an insult @indica - I make plenty of tasty food that looks like vomit too...
Brown is not the colour of vomit.

But I hear you.

The above is so good and such a simple dish...
I was going to suggest @beeb see a vet or taxidermist but the post was edited.

Actually I thought he was talking about my apple sauce.... sssh

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Brown is not the colour of vomit.
I once puked fluro orange into crisp white fresh snow as I alighted from a chair lift. I freaked out because it looked so unnatural. But as I repeated the act 5 more times my cheering friends reminded me the drunk poodle had chomped some Berocca a few hours prior. A very unpleasant time!

indica

Serial flasher
Serves the you, your choice of beverage and whomever picked the carpet right...
Cunts put me on a couch on my back to sleep it off. I woke up, that showed them.

It was rather epic, several million dollar house and a loooong trail.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Haven't had any seafood for ages, so made a Sicilian(ish)-style prawn pasta tonight.

Onion, garlic, zucchini, yellow capsicum, preserved roast red peppers, baby eggplant, fresh prawns with some arrabiata sauce and fettuccine tossed through.