The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
was that a bit weird? Good on you though
I've had a few cocktail via text evenings with friends of late. I was impressed by the sharing food around aspect...though it doesn't sound any more covid safe than just hanging out 6 feet apart.

Roast pork tonight! Bring it on...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tried something new tonight. I gave the crackling 3 butter basting coats in the last 10 minutes. Not sure I will do it again. Also need to stand further back when taking these photos...image was way too big for the site.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Whoever it was who recommended this site kudos to you again.

Edit: it was @Rorschach, thank yee.

Oven Baked Chicken Breast | RecipeTin Eats

Made this tonight, forwent the oven cooking and did the halved chicken breasts on the paella dish on the wok burner. Bed of mashed potatoes rather than rice (rice last night) and some random greens. It was bloody good.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks damn tasty!

I had a bit of a kitchen blitz. I purchased a large piece of beef (2.3kg) in a cut I hadn't heard of (girello) yesterday. I cut it down into some steaks and chunks. Had a steak for dinner last night (with mushroom mustard sauce) supported by potatoes and zucchini. Then I made a curry today. Now my fridge has no veggies left in it and the freezer is full of steaks (I also cut down a pork loin).

I also went to cook some ribs I had frozen a while ago. When I opened up the thawed bag they did no smell so good. I must have kept them in the fridge too long before freezing. The freezer is where meat goes to die! No idea why I bother.

Curry

Steak

Further I have been cooking with purple brussel sprouts a bit recently. They are delicious!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PP - you do a good crackle .

Some Great looking meals here !

Im slow cooking a brisket to do nachos with for dinner , the other piece will be minced and turned into burgers .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers...crackle is king! I grew up mostly vegetarian and didn't eat pork (or similar) until I was an adult. The crackling made me do it. Well also wanting to make fancy arse christmas hams played a role as well. No other beast looks so good coming out of the oven no matter how hard I try.

Brisket sounds good! I've done pulled corn beef for nachos a few times to give it a different spin.