The cooking thread

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I baked some pretzels and pizza bases today. What else can one do while awaiting results for a Covid test? (24 hour turnaround, results are negative)
The pre-cooked pizza bases are to make a mid week meal a little easier.
The pretzels were devoured soon after the photo was taken. Next time double batch!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I baked some pretzels and pizza bases today. What else can one do while awaiting results for a Covid test? (24 hour turnaround, results are negative)
The pretzels were devoured soon after the photo was taken. Next time double batch!
View attachment 379477
Make paczki obviously.

stirk

Burner
View attachment 379477
Love some lockdown baking.

My buns got some oven spring for the first time.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Look tops, recipe pleeeze
I followed the recipe found here:

I used a 2" cutter and then a shot glass to make small and mini paczki instead of the recommended 3". I think the 2" ones were a perfect size. The mini ones were difficult to fill.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
View attachment 379501View attachment 379502

Not very pretty, and they haven't lasted long - I had to keep shooing hungry boys out of the kitchen.
I used my homemade plum jelly (jam sans pulp) to fill them. I think I need to invest in a piping bag, ziplock bags just don't have the oomph to get maximum fill.
They look absolutely beautiful to me!!! I have never wanted to make a trip to Victoria more...I haven't eaten those most tenderest of continental treats in a long time, maybe even 15 or 16 years. I had a Polish girlfriend for a while back on those days and she tried to make some. They were the saddest shittest looking pieces of dough I had ever seen...but they were delicious and I absolutely loved eating them! Prior I had polish friends as a kid and their babcia used to make these things the size of oranges to absolute perfection.

Maybe you need a big syringe to really pump the goo in!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
It is so good like that. It is delicious (and not healthy at all) fried and served like chicken wings - hot sauce and so on. I picked up a nice piece today. One day I plan to make it into soup with a little blue cheese.
Deep fried in batter - the Hare Krishna one, with toasted sesame seeds.

It's also good with Asian dipping sauce.

Blue cheese cauliflower soup sounds good, i like the King Island Dairy Roaring Forties blue :)

Damn i miss my Hare Krishna cookbook.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Tomorrow I'm doing my weekly cookup, with comfort foods. I'm recovering from two weeks of a nasty cold and still feeling drained, hubs is going into his third week.

Devilled sausages, a mix of pork and beef sausages, with steamed green cabbage and boiled baby potatoes.

Pork mince rissoles for hubs and mint/rosemary lamb chops for me, with sweet potato mash and peas, corn, carrots and green beans. No gravy, hubs prefers Beerenberg Taka Tala sauce.

Roast lamb and roast mixed veg - cherry tomatoes, capsicum, garlic, baby onions, beetroot, and potatoes.

I may do a slab of pork ribs currently marinating in fig chutney, that will be on the oven rack over the veg.