Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
New model Amarok has been twin engineered with the Ranger. I don’t know if I will replace my current one now.
The Raptor is a completely different vehicle than the new Ranger.

Different chassis, coil over Fox suspension front and back thus the reduced carrying capacity and towing.

At this time, it would be a good thing. I head up to my shack with a bike rack on the back every 2-3 weeks, carton of beer, tools for doing shit. I could drop the bike in the tub, fire wood, rubbish, ladder etc...

Reckon I'll head around the local Ford joints in the next few days and get a price from all, then hit up the lease company to see what they can get it for.
Today, no fleet discount on the vehicle but they dropped the whole dealer delivery cost off it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
[
The Raptor is a completely different vehicle than the new Ranger.

Different chassis, coil over Fox suspension front and back thus the reduced carrying capacity and towing.

At this time, it would be a good thing. I head up to my shack with a bike rack on the back every 2-3 weeks, carton of beer, tools for doing shit. I could drop the bike in the tub, fire wood, rubbish, ladder etc...

Reckon I'll head around the local Ford joints in the next few days and get a price from all, then hit up the lease company to see what they can get it for.
Today, no fleet discount on the vehicle but they dropped the whole dealer delivery cost off it.
A hot hatch with a towbar would handle those duties…

Flow-Rider

Burner
That’s why I have a nice 7x4 cage trailer. Carries the sea kayaks, trips to the tip, no paying to have white goods delivered.
Costs $70 a year in rego and I don’t have to drive a commercial vehicle for the privilege of the utility.
I don't have to buy or hitch a trailer every time I want to carry something or pay extra rego or insurance and don't even have to buy a bike rack, don't have to tow extra weight behind me, even my alloy tray is lighter than a car trailer. Just another POS sitting in the yard or garage taking up space and having to waste time and money maintaining it.

Haakon

I don't have to buy or hitch a trailer every time I want to carry something or pay extra rego or insurance and don't even have to buy a bike rack, don't have to tow extra weight behind me, even my alloy tray is lighter than a car trailer. Just another POS sitting in the yard or garage taking up space and having to waste time and money maintaining it.
Better than having to drive a commercial vehicle everywhere

ozzybmx

A hot hatch with a towbar would handle those duties…
I cant retract the tub roller shutter and transport my bike in a hot hatch or carry a few hundred kilos of firewood.

Besides, 0-100kph in 5.6 seconds leaves your hot hatch for dead.

Take yourself down to Hobart Ford and test drive one, they are far from commercial.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's pretty much the same as driving a sedan, there's not much difference in it for me. My old Hilux is quite small in comparison to the later model utes. I don't drive like a wreckless wank around built up areas with a sedan or ute, and I try to stick to the speed limit, too much can wrong these days. The small gutless diesel is actually better, saved me from getting speeding tickets and it's the first time in my life owning a vehicle that I've gotten over a 100000kms from a set of tyres. It's a win for me all over.

Haakon

I cant retract the tub roller shutter and transport my bike in a hot hatch or carry a few hundred kilos of firewood.

Besides, 0-100kph in 5.6 seconds leaves your hot hatch for dead.

Take yourself down to Hobart Ford and test drive one, they are far from commercial.
My lifestyle does not need a 2 tonne tank. I only need to cart timber and kayaks and bikes and do tip runs and get firewood (*when I get the fireplace reinstated…) and collect white goods and cart building materials etc and deal with moderately rough dirt roads. A medium sized 1400cc hatchback does the job perfectly.

ozzybmx

I only need to cart timber and kayaks and bikes and do tip runs and get firewood (*when I get the fireplace reinstated…) and collect white goods and cart building materials etc and deal with moderately rough dirt roads.
Your needs... I reckon there is a vehicle out there that would suit your description really well.

dual-cab-ute.jpg

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
I know there is a wait but I was very tempted by this colour, it would be good to deck out on the inside with some marine carpet on the roof and walls with something sturdy on the floor. It has all the bells and whistles with 390nm of torque it would be more than enough power for me. Heated drivers seat would help this broken body on some days plus it keeps prying eyes out and save people seeing my lily white arse if I need to get changed trail side.

F1FC9F24-6A0F-48C0-94AE-61716E131829.jpeg

clockworked

Like an orange
I fucking love brake checking those chunts

EDIT: They never tailgate when I'm in my ute, only the wife's swift. Which makes the brake checking so much more satisfactory.

I then blow them a kiss as they rage past.
Brake checking is an absolute dumb fuck move and you're a dumb fuck if you do it no matter what dumb fuck excuse you think justifies it