Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That’s why I have a nice 7x4 cage trailer. Carries the sea kayaks, trips to the tip, no paying to have white goods delivered.
Costs $70 a year in rego and I don’t have to drive a commercial vehicle for the privilege of the utility.
Yes, you certainly have the whole thing sorted and can definitely apply this exact logic to all situations without any compromise there will be a lot of really happy people out there once they find out they too can own a weird little European hatch and struggle to park with and move trailers around every day to get almost nearly the same functionality as a ute

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yes, you certainly have the whole thing sorted and can definitely apply this exact logic to all situations without any compromise there will be a lot of really happy people out there once they find out they too can own a weird little European hatch and struggle to park with and move trailers around every day to get almost nearly the same functionality as a ute

go get em tiger!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Brake checking is an absolute dumb fuck move and you're a dumb fuck if you do it no matter what dumb fuck excuse you think justifies it
Not as dumb fuck as repeatedly surging up behind someone & just about hang off their bumper/towball. I had some fuckhead in a very new Porker 911 do that to me. A quick touch of the brake pedal by me changed his tune quick-smart. In a nose-to-tail collision, the fault is ALWAYS with the following driver for not leaving a safe gap.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not as dumb fuck as repeatedly surging up behind someone & just about hang off their bumper/towball. I had some fuckhead in a very new Porker 911 do that to me. A quick touch of the brake pedal by me changed his tune quick-smart. In a nose-to-tail collision, the fault is ALWAYS with the following driver for not leaving a safe gap.
Except if you get sprung for brake checking. Dash cam etc.

Dual cabs can be a solution but I still like a wagon and trailer. Dual cabs, sorry duel cabs as a town or city conveyance have shit turning circles and visibility. Floors are high and rear passengers get treated poorly. New ones are squillions times better than the RA RG Rodeo/Colorado's we had but still nicer in a wagon. BIL who is a Holden/ Chevy tragic was telling me how much better his sister's 2.5 Silverado was compared to their 200. Except she tells me the opposite...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry @Haakon I love this picture and the fact you rage about utes and 4WD's.

68119287829__BFAC19D7-5A5C-4273-A7F9-F5A2BA94D6D3.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Brake checking is an absolute dumb fuck move and you're a dumb fuck if you do it no matter what dumb fuck excuse you think justifies it
Where's that kiss blowing emoji when I need it!

What I call brake checking is just a light tap on the brake. If the stupid fucking gronk behind me thinks the cars I'm stuck behind are going to go any faster if they tailgate me then they need to be gently reminded of the error of their ways

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
would this make the miserable shite happy?
I think it's called the Renault "Cluster Fuck", but they mispelled it on launch day
View attachment 394311
Tickled pink by the idea that they might not bring their own ute over here because they're not up to the task, and instead might just rebadge a Triton or Navara

ozzybmx

Tickled pink by the idea that they might not bring their own ute over here because they're not up to the task, and instead might just rebadge a Triton or Navara
Classic ehh :p European lifestyle.

wrethwergwer.jpg

Other words, they tested it here and it had blown shockers after 15 minutes on corrugations.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As a side note - the capacity of the raptor is a bit light on .

spoken in jest as the owner of an ss ute , which is also light on due to the ‘ sporty suspension ‘ , lotsa torques makes up for it tho .

Had a look at the new 2500 Silverado today at work in the carpark . Let’s just say it was BIG .

ps , I like the idea of the raptor - not so much the paying for it bit ..

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But then any ute / car / suv things is now $60 k plus the rest , even an Everest is like $80k

I need to study dentistry…. Moar e-bikes and fancy carzzzzz for meeeee

ozzybmx

As a side note - the capacity of the raptor is a bit light on .

spoken in jest as the owner of an ss ute , which is also light on due to the ‘ sporty suspension ‘ , lotsa torques makes up for it tho .
It is ! Its severely reduced compared to the regular Ranger.

Not really an option if you want to haul a heavy load.

Raptor 2500kg towing vs Ranger at 3500kg
Raptor payload 717kg vs Ranger 1000kg

All because of the $10k Fox live valve coil over suspension front and rear and not the normal dual cab ute leaf springs on the rear.

Also got a button on the steering wheel to change what ride you want, off road-sport-normal.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah , I have a dumbo mate who bought one “ coz raptor” and then upgraded - a very loose term - the rear suspension to tow a big stupid caravan .
Didnt think that thru …….

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry , yes , an awesome techno marvel - modern cars / trucks are super compared to even just 5 yrs ago .

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Classic ehh :p European lifestyle.

View attachment 394313

Other words, they tested it here and it had blown shockers after 15 minutes on corrugations.
Dampers and springs are easy changes and manufacturers work with companies like arb, tjm and ironman to get a better product. My guess is the whole undercarriage was too light. Are they a ladder chassis? Probably not.