Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Just can't get excited about these. Should. Can't. On paper they tick all the boxes and are a perfect response to socially responsible driving enjoyment(ish) and draconian speed limits. But if I had $30k to spend.... I'd buy a used Golf R.

If they had a turbo but....
I'd prioritise handling over acceleration to be honest, these look like fantastic fun!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Just can't get excited about these. Should. Can't. On paper they tick all the boxes and are a perfect response to socially responsible driving enjoyment(ish) and draconian speed limits. But if I had $30k to spend.... I'd buy a used Golf R.

If they had a turbo but....
I'd have one. I even like the current generation, waiting for them to get properly cheap :)

Haakon

Our xr4 is more or less stock power and is barely 100kW/t and it is faster on the sprint tracks than all these.
No one claims theyre the fastest at anything, its more about the driver feel and involvement i think. I've only ever had them on short test drives a couple of times, but i get what they are trying to do and i quite like it. They've just never gotten cheap enough for me though ;)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No one claims theyre the fastest at anything, its more about the driver feel and involvement i think. I've only ever had them on short test drives a couple of times, but i get what they are trying to do and i quite like it. They've just never gotten cheap enough for me though ;)
The xr4 isn't fast.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It is little though. Perfect if you like racing through shopping centre carparks.

When I was a student a mate of mine temporarily inherited a Subaru Fiori from his P-plater brother after he lost his license. Now that was a little car.

We all hated on its shitness, until we discovered that it was tiny enough to drive between bollards and posts at expensive places like the airport carpark, whereupon it became a challenge to see if we could go the year without ever paying to park anywhere.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The Au falcon, f150, f250, f350, mustang, crown victoria, raptor, transit, taurus, zephyr, consul, pinto, edsel, laser... take your pick.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You forgot the lovely Ford Mondeo.

The alloy head series 6cyl fords were probably one of the biggest money spinners in workshops across Australia. Having an alloy cylinder head so long, as soon as they sniffed a bit of extra heat they would warp and fail.

The pre 2006 ford focus models where a nightmare to mechanics and owners, very poor quality in materials, rubber hoses would disintegrate in no time and the alloy in contact with coolant was susceptible to premature corrosion.

Haakon

View attachment 379106

When I was a student a mate of mine temporarily inherited a Subaru Fiori from his P-plater brother after he lost his license. Now that was a little car.

We all hated on its shitness, until we discovered that it was tiny enough to drive between bollards and posts at expensive places like the airport carpark, whereupon it became a challenge to see if we could go the year without ever paying to park anywhere.
A Japanese Twingo. Always wanted to import one - they look hilarious with wheel flares and fat wheels :)

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
...been busy adding a few things.. pulled both plastic bumpers off and hit them with Raptor, I've never used this stuff before but man its pretty cool and tough as nails once cured. Looks way better with a bit more black on the xtrail. There is a fella down south that fabs up bashies for xtrails so grabbed one of them, 3mm plate steel full laser cut and comes with all the hardware delivered was like 220 bucks!! Bargain. So I hit that with a few undercoats then the Raptor, fitting was simple. Next was a throttle controller, couldn"t resist as they were like 30% off and free shipping, boy does it make a difference, ultimate mode is wayy too much but the Economy mode is good for towing or on wet slick terrain. Had to ad a few more usbs there too and of course the Jurassic park light bar. I have a bit more to go will post up more soon......

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You forgot the lovely Ford Mondeo.

The alloy head series 6cyl fords were probably one of the biggest money spinners in workshops across Australia. Having an alloy cylinder head so long, as soon as they sniffed a bit of extra heat they would warp and fail.

The pre 2006 ford focus models where a nightmare to mechanics and owners, very poor quality in materials, rubber hoses would disintegrate in no time and the alloy in contact with coolant was susceptible to premature corrosion.
I was trying my best to forget.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk