Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Hi-gh-w-ay? What is this highway work you speak of hahah.

Thats what the work ute with the fuel card is for!
Yeah I know, but often some of the best riding roads for a motard require highway to get to. Work ute solves that problem!

sxereturn - that ATK is very cool indeed. Love it. Should be a badarse motard full of things like big, manly, and 650.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Breaka check out www.ozdat.com/forum/index.php seems to be a fair bit of knowledge there, i wanted to do a datto 1600 with twin Webbers and mini-lites a few years ago before i discovered motorcycles.

nick
Yeah mate, already on it. Some pretty good info on there but everyone is a 1600 nut.

That atk is a weapon sxe, would have some balls. An aircooled single (judging by fins on the engine) or is that a radiator behind that shroud?

An aircooled sngle 650 is such a mans bike! haha.

Got some photo's of the Stanza but I lost my fucking usb cable arrrrgh!

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lebronmtb:

Nah, this is a BA, therefore has the old BTR 4spd...Later BF's had the ZF 6spd...

This fast typhoon, is it yellow? And is the guys name Mark or Maurizio? (Theres two that swap high 10-sec times, funnily enough both yellow, and Mauz drives em both)

Anyhew, the old BTR 4spd is a okay box, but mines been coping with a beating for the past two years, and I know it will go bang soon...Ill get it rebuilt, and chuck in a 2500 or 3000rpm stally....it being off the road doesnt matter, ive got a work car for daily duties...

Ivan:

I knew there was something I left off...about a year ago, got in on a group-buy for Nizpro springs, already installed :D

Your edit a generic one? If so, I highly recommend custom tunes...Mine peaks at 12-13psi @ 3000rpm, and tapers off to 9-10psi at about 4500rpm..
Not sure of the guys name, but the plates are F6FORD, and he weighs about 500kg

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate, already on it. Some pretty good info on there but everyone is a 1600 nut.

That atk is a weapon sxe, would have some balls. An aircooled single (judging by fins on the engine) or is that a radiator behind that shroud?

An aircooled sngle 650 is such a mans bike! haha.

Got some photo's of the Stanza but I lost my fucking usb cable arrrrgh!
Yeah, it's got a big air cooled Rotax. It's a 605, but like usual that means nothing - it's really a 598cc motor.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, it's got a big air cooled Rotax. It's a 605, but like usual that means nothing - it's really a 598cc motor.
Hmmm sick, I assume the realiabity of the beast is right up through the roof (given it's aircooled)? And yes, much like my ktm525, it's actually 510cc, which is even more of an overstatement than the atk :rolleyes:

As for the stanza, I'm going to hit the chrome bumper with some product tommorow, cut the muffler so as the pipe sits well and truelly back up under the bumper, fit my mates wannatabe's, loctite some bolts and MAYBE cut the springs for shits and giggles.

Any advice/comments on cutting springs? Can be a temporary mod if need be.

suburban

Cannon Fodder
dec k6 Z750

stock bar a tail tidy to date. Looking for a mivv can and some oggys in the not so distant future

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking for a mivv can and some oggys in the not so distant future
Why Oggy's? Seriously. A mate and I were talking about oggy's and their impracticality. It's just testament to how shite of a rider you may be. Road bikes are not meant to be dropped or slid. It's a bit like when people put car bra's on nice cars. Yes they protect the front end, but at the same time they amek the said beautiful looking car look shit.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why Oggy's? Seriously. A mate and I were talking about oggy's and their impracticality. It's just testament to how shite of a rider you may be. Road bikes are not meant to be dropped or slid. It's a bit like when people put car bra's on nice cars. Yes they protect the front end, but at the same time they amek the said beautiful looking car look shit.

sometimes its not the rider who is shit,but the drivers around you...

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Why Oggy's? Seriously. A mate and I were talking about oggy's and their impracticality. It's just testament to how shite of a rider you may be. Road bikes are not meant to be dropped or slid..
Oh come on dude, that's just stupid. No bike is MEANT to be crashed. No car is MEANT to be crashed. As a rider you should know as well as anyone, for 99.9999% of people it's not if, it's when you'll crash. I'm very strongly considering oggy's for the project. Bikes get crashed, end of story.

Suburban - 750's are cool, good work.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, sorry may have a sounded like a dick - probably the beers talking. ;)

Nah, oggy's do serve a purpose, especially for naked/fighter style bikes - no fairing to slide on (aswelll as taking impact etc). And as exvite said, alot of the time it isn't necasarilly the rider's fault - but other road user's. I just hope I don't hit a car or arm-co (as slip said, it's not if, it's when). As for a project bike I'd reaaally reaaally love a zx7 (or something similar) but I've got to pull my finger out and start saving for my trip to Cali.

As for the light slip I've been looking and I reckon the Benelli Brutale headlight is awesome - or something very similar.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
As for the light slip I've been looking and I reckon the Benelli Brutale headlight is awesome - or something very similar.
Hah, yeah check these out. Looks like VRod and Brutale. Cost would be the prohibitive issue, going to see if I can work my Morgan and Wacker contacts. Will still be exxy though.

Attachments

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I used to work on this sort of stupid old rubbish:

But recently, I've been helping out in this secret garage:

Oh... They also have a running Matilda Tank. Most of the aircraft either run and could be flyable with fairly minimal effort, or could be made to run easily. Motorbikes and cars.... Pffft.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Oh well lah-dee-dah.

What's the 2nd bike with low mounted clipons?
A Ducati TT2/TT1 replica with a hot rodded 89 750s central induction motor fitted. 320 mm Brembo discs, 4 piston brembo callipers and magnesium Marvic 17" wheels. Marzocchi M1R forks too!

It made about 95 very useable horsepower and was about the size and weight of an RGV250. It had a Honda RS250 GP bike fairing on it for a while, if that gives you an indication of the size of it.

Unfortunately the motor got sacrificed to keep the blue bike going, which was much more competitive in it's class at the time. I'll build a new motor for the blue bike with the stronger cases from it when I can find a late model 750 F1 small plug/big chamber head to make it "externally identical to bikes of the period"

The modern Ducati 900SS is essentially the same, but much bigger everywhere and heavier too.

suburban

Cannon Fodder
1) my bike is a naked
2) im no valentino rossi
3) i cant predict all roadsurfaces or that leaking datsun thats been sitting at the lights
4) many other points i wont go into

:)

floody

Wheel size expert
This is my old girl. 1996 ATK 605. At the time it was the bee's knees, and still gives most bikes a run for their money. It's more powerful than an XR650, weighs less than an XR400, has Brembo/White Power/Talon/Pro Taper gear and is currently stripped to the bone and being rebuilt as a real motard. When she's finished she'll be putting out about 65RWHP (some lads in the states are pushing these motors to 90HP!) and will corner like a slotcar.
Interesting bike. What are you doing for 65rwhp?
I hear the flat track dudes have them pretty much nailed, as do the singles road racers.

We had a pretty trick Kawasaki KLX650R thumpernats bike at one time. 41mm Flatslide, white bros cams, high comp wiseco piston, carillo rod, balanced, lightened crank, porting, pro circuit pipe... It made similar grunt, 60hp or so at the wheel. Clocked 196kmh at Finke, holeshot mx races in 3rd and rarely have to shift.. Big singles are pretty cool, have fun.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1) my bike is a naked
2) im no valentino rossi
3) i cant predict all roadsurfaces or that leaking datsun thats been sitting at the lights
4) many other points i wont go into

:)
Yeah sorry mate. I realise the stupidity of my previous post.

Nice bike too!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
holy shit!
....i need to be alone with this image for a minute

hey Piers did you get Moto Tumbi "classic motorcycle Fibreglass" to do your fairing? there's a very similar NCR ducati here on their site, it's number 72 though.
Yep... that's the same bike. Mick from Moto Tumbi is a great bloke!

You can't hide on the innernets!