Optimus Prime

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Gonna take the raw but have expressed my dissatisfaction with the local dealer. Not sure if I want to put any more money through him after I get the frame

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Gonna take the raw but have expressed my dissatisfaction with the local dealer. Not sure if I want to put any more money through him after I get the frame
Yeah we get a colour scheme in our heads, I feel your dissatisfaction... its a bit of cut yer losses at this stage, bike bits and frames are shithouse at this current time.
I reckon its not a bad compromise with the raw, could be yellow or red or something that would be way off... Raw is quite neutral as long as its not an abortion of 3 other colours. Black and blue would be nice... just dont put gumwalls on it :p

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
apparently the frame I’d paid for and been told there was no issue getting a black one is raw, which isn’t what I paid for
OMG. You're the yin to my yang! Or is it yang to my yin?

I ordered black, got changed to raw, changed all my shit, and then 6 weeks later opened my box to find a black one and was told there are no raws anywhere!

What is going on with Banshee and their dealers?

dirtdad

Were you happier to see the black or disappointed
I was shocked. No communication since convincing me it was a raw - or a long wait until September or October. I originally wanted black and bought some very pretty silver LE mezzers (which I then returned and now can't buy anywhere, because I didn't want to make it the silver surfer...).

Come to like it now. All stealth except the gold brakes.

Petero

Likes Dirt
So, I got in touch with Jay at Banshee as I’ve not heard a peep from the local dealer and apparently the frame I’d paid for and been told there was no issue getting a black one is raw, which isn’t what I paid for.
They can ano one for me, but its going to take a while.
Do I take the raw one and hope the bits I bought look good on it or wait for an ano one?
Did they give you an ETA?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is plenty going on with shortages in many industries at the moment, but the bike industry seems to really struggle with communication and customer service!

For what it's worth, I think RAW is the only way to get a Banshee.

Does the one @Litenbror is selling fit you?

Rorschach

There is plenty going on with shortages in many industries at the moment, but the bike industry seems to really struggle with communication and customer service!

For what it's worth, I think RAW is the only way to get a Banshee.

Does the one @Litenbror is selling fit you?
I'm only after the frame (which I've already paid for!), have all the bits to put on and in all honesty, I want to buy new if I can. I do like the look of Litenbrors though!

dirtdad

I don't think it's worth 2-way across-country postage. But if you weren't on the other side of Australia I might be inclined to swap (assuming Banshee let us keep warranty etc.).

At times it feels a bit vain to worry about the colour so much, but I was genuinely cranky when all the effort (and extra expense of swapping parts) meant nothing as the colour was changed around without me knowing.

Really been hanging out for a good news story with you getting your frameset and building it up. Here's hoping some shipping fairies get it to you soon.

Rorschach

I don't think it's worth 2-way across-country postage. But if you weren't on the other side of Australia I might be inclined to swap (assuming Banshee let us keep warranty etc.).

At times it feels a bit vain to worry about the colour so much, but I was genuinely cranky when all the effort (and extra expense of swapping parts) meant nothing as the colour was changed around without me knowing.

Really been hanging out for a good news story with you getting your frameset and building it up. Here's hoping some shipping fairies get it to you soon.
I don't think its worth it either, but same as you I'd bought thinking I was getting one and now I'm getting the other and wasn't told.
Hoping the shipping fairies get it here soon too...

Rorschach

Ok, spoken to the local dealer. They’ve been offered a discount on the frame as it’s not what I ordered, that’s being passed on to me. They’re also building the bike for free for me.
I didn’t ask for anything, but this is great from Banshee and the local dealer