Optimus Prime

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Those look great. If I ever get round to getting some Bomber DJs (hint: I won't) I was planning on the same colour scheme for the decals.
They match the pedals and grips pretty well. The rest of the bike will be black, with the only colour coming from them
At least thats how I see it in my head

Rorschach

It's now nearly 12 weeks since I paid for this frame, and pretty sure the local dealer is now ignoring my repeated requests for an update.
At what point do I start getting shitty?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's now nearly 12 weeks since I paid for this frame, and pretty sure the local dealer is now ignoring my repeated requests for an update.
At what point do I start getting shitty?
What was the original ETA?
If it's 1 week late that's not too bad, if it's 11 weeks late then someone needs to be on the evening news.

Did you pay by credit card? If you don't get an answer do a charge back. They'll come and contact you then.

Some brands really do make it difficult to do business sometimes.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If you're having issues with the local dealer's communication, I'd start by getting in touch with the distro directly and just explaining the situation, asking for an ETA of when frames are arriving/being sent out to dealers and therefore when you can expect. If the dealer is just as in the dark as you are it might explain why they're getting evasive.

Rorschach

What was the original ETA?
If it's 1 week late that's not too bad, if it's 11 weeks late then someone needs to be on the evening news.

Did you pay by credit card? If you don't get an answer do a charge back. They'll come and contact you then.

Some brands really do make it difficult to do business sometimes.
I paid by bank transfer, and the discussion then was that they would be available early May - a wait of 4-5 weeks. It's now another 6-7 weeks past that.
I've had to chase all updates, last one was 31st May stating the 3 frames he'd ordered in this shipment were packed and ready for collection.
Left it til Monday to ask for an update, which I've chased again today and nothing. Been left on read.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I paid by bank transfer, and the discussion then was that they would be available early May - a wait of 4-5 weeks. It's now another 6-7 weeks past that.
I've had to chase all updates, last one was 31st May stating the 3 frames he'd ordered in this shipment were packed and ready for collection.
Left it til Monday to ask for an update, which I've chased again today and nothing. Been left on read.
Is that Rushys? Whoever it is that's poor form. Getting any response after a bank transfer is more challenging.

Definitely talk with Banshee direct and explain the situation. They might be able to assist.

Rorschach

Not Rushys - think thats where @dirtdad got his from as I saw his come up on their Insta

I've had a response a couple of minutes ago, said as far as they're aware they're on the way. Apparently had to change their shipping method due to cost or something. Going to check and get back to me.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not that this helps in any way, but to just let it go that long is incredibly poor from the local dealer.
They should be at least checking in every couple of weeks.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Not Rushys - think thats where @dirtdad got his from as I saw his come up on their In
Yeah. Still took a while for me with Rushy. But he was responsive within a day or two when I messaged him.
My only complaint was getting told a month or two after ordering there were no black frames (banshees decision apparently). So I changed forks and stuff to suit a raw better. Then another month or so later 'maybe' black is available, do I want to change back (I said no). I expect the communication from banshee about colours may have been a bit shit.
Then nothing about colours until a black frame arrived on my doorstep!
He was apologetic and offered a full refund immediately. No raw frames were available at all. But shit happens, and I wanted the bike, so went with it.

Agree that no communication sucks though.
Rushy made a mistake with mine, but owned it immediately and offered to refund.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah. Still took a while for me with Rushy. But he was responsive within a day or two when I messaged him.
My only complaint was getting told a month or two after ordering there were no black frames (banshees decision apparently). So I changed forks and stuff to suit a raw better. Then another month or so later 'maybe' black is available, do I want to change back (I said no). I expect the communication from banshee about colours may have been a bit shit.
Then nothing about colours until a black frame arrived on my doorstep!
He was apologetic and offered a full refund immediately. No raw frames were available at all. But shit happens, and I wanted the bike, so went with it.

Agree that no communication sucks though.
Rushy made a mistake with mine, but owned it immediately and offered to refund.
what distro/seller/retailer is "Rushy"?

Petero

Likes Dirt
I've normally been happy with his work @Rorschach, but at times the communication and timeframes could be better..

Especially pretty disappointing especially that you've paid in full at time of order. Is that the norm these days? Buying my bike through LBS payment was on delivery.

He's got a decent rep and standing in the WA mtb community, I'd be communicating that you expected better, although sounds like it may be out of his hands. Touching base with Banshee direct isn't a bad idea.

Rorschach

I've normally been happy with his work @Rorschach, but at times the communication and timeframes could be better..

Especially pretty disappointing especially that you've paid in full at time of order. Is that the norm these days? Buying my bike through LBS payment was on delivery.

He's got a decent rep and standing in the WA mtb community, I'd be communicating that you expected better, although sounds like it may be out of his hands. Touching base with Banshee direct isn't a bad idea.
Yeah, I'd heard good things too and chalking this up to a one-off for whatever reason.
I've spoken to him on the phone a couple of times, and he was really helpful. He has gotten back to me when I've chased him up, but withthe amount I'd put down for a frame I'd expect a bit more proactivity, even if it was to say no news. Really, not keeping me in the loop is my only issue at this stage. I'll see how it goes when the frame gets here and we get into the build itself. I'll have a chat with him when we meet up.
I also don't have an issue paying up-front as he's a one-man band and he paid for the frame initially and I paid him back but the flipside is that he's got no money in it whereas I have over $3k so far.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
what distro/seller/retailer is "Rushy"?

Bike Collect
Dealer · Riverton, Western Australia 6148
Weekdays - 7am-7Pm, Saturdays - 9am-5pm Sundays - 12pm-5pm
0424 155 460

Rushys Bicycle Servicing
Dealer · 1/11 Wabby St, Boyne Island Queensland 4680, Australia
+61 0402 244 071

Spoke N Trail
Dealer · 1/61 Gateway Drive, Noosaville QLD, Australia

Rushys Bicycle Servicing
Dealer · Adelaide, 53 Victoria Street, Prospect, SA, 5082, Australia
+61 0402 244 071

Cyclingo Bike Shop
Dealer · 466 Macquarie Street, South Hobart, Tasmania, 7004, Australia
03) 6224 6533

Missing Link Bikes
Dealer · 57 Vanzetti crs kambah Canberra Australia A.C.T 2902
0430 624 976

Rorschach

So, I got in touch with Jay at Banshee as I’ve not heard a peep from the local dealer and apparently the frame I’d paid for and been told there was no issue getting a black one is raw, which isn’t what I paid for.
They can ano one for me, but its going to take a while.
Do I take the raw one and hope the bits I bought look good on it or wait for an ano one?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So, I got in touch with Jay at Banshee as I’ve not heard a peep from the local dealer and apparently the frame I’d paid for and been told there was no issue getting a black one is raw, which isn’t what I paid for.
They can ano one for me, but its going to take a while.
Do I take the raw one and hope the bits I bought look good on it or wait for an ano one?
Take the raw one. You can go with black decals and it will look mint.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk