Optimus Prime

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Updated some specs on the first page

Also, have swapped the dropouts to high and am enjoying it a bit more, although probably not enough rides to tell. Definitely less pedal strikes and the front end feels more twitchy, but I have a 60mm stem on there so I quite like the feel.
A longer dropper is on the cards, probably a 180mm one as I'm struggling to get my feet down even more with the seat fully down. I'm not short, but I have a lot of exposed seatpost I can work with.
Have also been bumping the pressure in the tyres up to 28f/30r and liking the feel. I'm hitting the scales at 105kg (rookie numbers etc.) and 23f/25r really wasn't cutting it. It feels quicker on the flat and more stable in the turns
Overall happy with the changes and it's giving me confidence to the hit the wallride on Alchemy I've bottled every time I've ridden it til now

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm hitting the scales at 105kg (rookie numbers etc.) and 23f/25r really wasn't cutting it.
That does sound low for your weight. I'm 95kg, and run more like 28/32. Never liked the squirmy feel of lower pressures.

Obviously without using with the same gauge on the same day other people's recommendations are somewhat academic.

Rorschach

That does sound low for your weight. I'm 95kg, and run more like 28/32. Never liked the squirmy feel of lower pressures.

Obviously without using with the same gauge on the same day other people's recommendations are somewhat academic.
It was the easiest suggestion to come out of my whinge thread, and has made a big difference.
Swapping my dropouts made a fair difference too, makes it ride more like a trail bike than an AM bike, and I like it

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'm your weight and the 23/25 especially on the rear would have felt horrible!

Can get away with it on the front someone's at that, but I'm surprised you weren't shredding tyres on anything but rail trail rides.

Rorschach

I'm your weight and the 23/25 especially on the rear would have felt horrible!

Can get away with it on the front someone's at that, but I'm surprised you weren't shredding tyres on anything but rail trail rides.
I am getting a fair bit of sealant starting to come through in places, so might be new tyre day soon...