Middle East situation

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I can't verify whether this is true, but it doesn't surprise me.

Eyewitness testimony from a Kibbutz resident that Israeli forces gunfire and tank shells hit kibbutz buildings and both Israeli civilians and Hamas fighters.

Ex-IDF soldier interview

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I can't verify whether this is true, but it doesn't surprise me.

Eyewitness testimony from a Kibbutz resident that Israeli forces gunfire and tank shells hit kibbutz buildings and both Israeli civilians and Hamas fighters.

Ex-IDF soldier interview

This whole Gaza thing is a giant trap. Israel should of known that a long term occupation would just bleed them of blood and treasure. They should have done a land for peace deal when they had a chance under the Oslo deal and shut down the Gaza strip all together.

The surrounding Arab states have been complicit in this whole tragedy as well. If they had just recognised Israel in the first place and sponsored a proper Palestinian state, rather than leaving it in limbo as a shadow client state.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Jewish settlers should never have been encouraged by the british to make Palestine their 'homeland'.
The roots of this conflict go back to the late 19th century.

The 1947 U.N. proposal for the partition of Palestine was a shitty deal for the Palestinians, particularly given that the Palestinian Arabs outnumbered the Jewish settlers at least 2 to 1, and the Jewish settlers occupied, I think, about 5% of Palestinian land at the time.
So giving the Jewish settlers 56% of Palestine was never going to go down well.
Why would the Palestinians agree to it? it makes no sense.
In hindsight, it would have been better than the current situation, but I can see why the Palestinians and the surrounding Arab states thought it was fucked.

So, over the next 76 years up to the current clusterfuck, The Israelis have been carrying out their long term plan to kick Palestinians off their land, and beat, torture or kill them if they resisted, or the old israeli crowd favourite, massive artillery and airstrike retaliation for injuring or killing a few israelis.

Any 'deal' that's been offered between then and now is just another in a long line of shitty deals for the Palestinians, IMO.

It is well worth noting that prior to the October 7 attack by Hamas, in what is arguably the most heavily surveilled area on the entire planet - where you cannot blink or fart without the Israelis noticing -
There had been weeks or months of massive protests by the Israeli people against their own corrupt government, who, led by everyone's favourite war criminal benny netanyahu, had been actively moving to restrict the power of their supreme courts to override dodgy decisions made by the knesset (parliament), thus corroding any democracy that may have existed.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Jewish settlers should never have been encouraged by the british to make Palestine their 'homeland'.
The roots of this conflict go back to the late 19th century.

The 1947 U.N. proposal for the partition of Palestine was a shitty deal for the Palestinians, particularly given that the Palestinian Arabs outnumbered the Jewish settlers at least 2 to 1, and the Jewish settlers occupied, I think, about 5% of Palestinian land at the time.
So giving the Jewish settlers 56% of Palestine was never going to go down well.
Why would the Palestinians agree to it? it makes no sense.
In hindsight, it would have been better than the current situation, but I can see why the Palestinians and the surrounding Arab states thought it was fucked.

So, over the next 76 years up to the current clusterfuck, The Israelis have been carrying out their long term plan to kick Palestinians off their land, and beat, torture or kill them if they resisted, or the old israeli crowd favourite, massive artillery and airstrike retaliation for injuring or killing a few israelis.

Any 'deal' that's been offered between then and now is just another in a long line of shitty deals for the Palestinians, IMO.

It is well worth noting that prior to the October 7 attack by Hamas, in what is arguably the most heavily surveilled area on the entire planet - where you cannot blink or fart without the Israelis noticing -
There had been weeks or months of massive protests by the Israeli people against their own corrupt government, who, led by everyone's favourite war criminal benny netanyahu, had been actively moving to restrict the power of their supreme courts to override dodgy decisions made by the knesset (parliament), thus corroding any democracy that may have existed.
The Germans shouldn't have gassed the Jews either, the Russians shouldn't have progromed them, the Ottomans shouldn't have chased them out of the middle east, Shakespeare made them a bogeyman of the Anglosphere, the Catholics shouldn't have taken their money then kicked them out of Spain, the Romans shouldn't of fought and enslaved them, the Egyptians should have left them alone too. Who knows what happened to them that was lost to history. At what point is it ok to say beating down on one group of people is enough?

If you had been one of the allied powers who had liberated the holocaust camps what would you have done?

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

The Germans shouldn't have gassed the Jews either, the Russians shouldn't have progromed them, the Ottomans shouldn't have chased them out of the middle east, Shakespeare made them a bogeyman of the Anglosphere, the Catholics shouldn't have taken their money then kicked them out of Spain, the Romans shouldn't of fought and enslaved them, the Egyptians should have left them alone too. Who knows what happened to them that was lost to history. At what point is it ok to say beating down on one group of people is enough?

If you had been one of the allied powers who had liberated the holocaust camps what would you have done?

Wow, the holocaust excuses everything - every criminal behaviour and crime against humanity by the Israelis, doesn't it. NOT.

At what point is it ok to say beating down on one group of people is enough?
That is exactly the problem in Israel and what's left of Palestinian territory right now.
The Jews were systematically eliminated in Europe, and now they are enacting an elimination of Palestinian people.

All this bullshit about the 'right for Israel to defend itself' doesn't extend to the bullying, torture and wholesale slaughter of palestinians that started small-scale about 100years ago, and has progressively ramped up to what we see, and is also not seen by cameras, but we see the results.
The Israelis beating down on the Palestinians over and over and over again.

At what point is it ok to stop Israeli elimination of Palestinians, forcible dispossession of Palestinians from their OWN LAND AND HOMES, and acting like the Palestinians are the war criminals and the oppressors?

ForkinGreat

This week, a day before the one-month anniversary of the October 7 attack, I spoke with an Israeli man at an event supporting hostages and their families.

"The real problem is the guy who's our leader, he's worse than Hamas," he proclaimed.

This view isn't an anomaly. Numerous polls indicate support for the prime minister has nosedived since the Hamas attack, including a damning survey by Israel's Channel 13 television that found 76 per cent of Israelis think Netanyahu should resign. Another poll by the Dialog Centre found an overwhelming number of Jewish Israelis, 86 per cent, believe the attack from Hamas is a failure of the country's leadership.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Sure, and what group has suffered the most oppression, hatred and number of deaths - By far? ..... Hint: It's not the Israelis.
Of the mammals? Humans...

Whales and elephants don't seem to have same issues as we do with organised hatred and violence (those chimps in "2001" probably count close enough to human)

Oddjob

Wow, the holocaust excuses everything - every criminal behaviour and crime against humanity by the Israelis, doesn't it. NOT.

That is exactly the problem in Israel and what's left of Palestinian territory right now.
The Jews were systematically eliminated in Europe, and now they are enacting an elimination of Palestinian people.

All this bullshit about the 'right for Israel to defend itself' doesn't extend to the bullying, torture and wholesale slaughter of palestinians that started small-scale about 100years ago, and has progressively ramped up to what we see, and is also not seen by cameras, but we see the results.
The Israelis beating down on the Palestinians over and over and over again.

At what point is it ok to stop Israeli elimination of Palestinians, forcible dispossession of Palestinians from their OWN LAND AND HOMES, and acting like the Palestinians are the war criminals and the oppressors?
The Holocaust doesn't excuse anything. It did lead to Resolution 181 though.

Palestine as a sovereign state has never existed. It got trampled by Jordan, Syria and Egypt in their rush to destroy the newly formed Israel. The Israelis walked away from the 2 state solution and now we have our current clusterfuck. Everyone loses, the Palestinians most of all.

The Chinese have arguably had the most suffering in the last century between the Imperial Japanese invasion, Great Leap Forward, and the Cultural Revolution. But hey it's not a competition.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The Middle East has been a hotbed of conflict for fuck knows how long. Build a wall around the place to keep the rest of the world completely out and let 'em sort their shit out in whatever way they see fit.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Absolutely correct - much in the same way you or I have the right to defend ourselves, but not cross the legal line of 'reasonable force'.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How long will this drag on until we see Iran/Jordan/Lebanon/Egypt/KSA or someone I have forgotten throw their support behind the Palestinians? I feel an escalation can't be far off.

ForkinGreat

The Middle East has been a hotbed of conflict for fuck knows how long. Build a wall around the place to keep the rest of the world completely out and let 'em sort their shit out in whatever way they see fit.
As long as that involves immediate withdrawal of ALL Economic & Military Aid - including precision weapons and systems - from the USA to israel.

How long will this drag on until we see Iran/Jordan/Lebanon/Egypt/KSA or someone I have forgotten throw their support behind the Palestinians? I feel an escalation can't be far off.
That is a definite and worrying possibility.

Last edited: