Little Things You Love

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The problem with Australian whisk(e)y is the pricing. All our distillers seem to think their product belongs in a higher price bracket and somehow they get away with it.
Take the cask strength Lark as an example, it's bloody good but for the price I'm looking at a bigger bottle of 18 year old Scotch and a couple of lobsters at least as change.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The problem with Australian whisk(e)y is the pricing. All our distillers seem to think their product belongs in a higher price bracket and somehow they get away with it.
Take the cask strength Lark as an example, it's bloody good but for the price I'm looking at a bigger bottle of 18 year old Scotch and a couple of lobsters at least as change.
I find most Australian whisky tastes young and lacks body + balance, like it's been rushed into the bottle to get to market before the trend passes on to something new. And yes the price point is terrible value compared to most other whisk(E)y options.

I think there's a thread about this somewhere...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I realize you were referring to $20 notes, but for a moment I was visualizing actual lobsters, and thinking..."that sounds about right" :p

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I got given some Lark as a gift recently, didn't realise how expensive that stuff is until I was looking up Tasmanian whisky. Its not just Lark though, I have another bottle here (again, gifted) that goes for $150 that I've been mixing with coke.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This is by far the best Australian whisky

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I realize you were referring to $20 notes, but for a moment I was visualizing actual lobsters, and thinking..."that sounds about right" :p
While stocking up for an Invasion Day BBQ I was under the misapprehension that due to the current trade stoush with China, Australian Rock Lobsters were dirt cheap. Unfortunately it was only after I'd swiped my card at the local fishmongers that I found out that was in fact a fucking lie.

$150 for a crustacean that doesn't even have claws! :mad:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While stocking up for an Invasion Day BBQ I was under the misapprehension that due to the current trade stoush with China, Australian Rock Lobsters were dirt cheap. Unfortunately it was only after I'd swiped my card at the local fishmongers that I found out that was in fact a fucking lie.

The myths of the market glut! It seems they are (as with other stuff as well) hoping to just dump it here and charge up. I had a wholesaler try and get me to stock up on wine their vineyard was unable to move overseas. Yeah mate, it's a sweet deal...a great addition to your range. They can't move it to China so need to clear it out fast...for about $65 a bottle. Given the other wines I'm getting off you range $10-30, I feel this offer may exceed my ability to sell.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

I forget some people pay for them.