Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
And old people who wander left and right across the entire path randomly.
I rang my obnoxious bell, but just in case I sung out "good afternoon" as well. Boy, did the old guy have a heart attack when I spoke! He scuttled to the left and exclaimed something inaudible.
Most old people are fairly deaf, there wasn't much PPE or noise level restriction practiced when they were in the workforce. I have a few around here that try to walk dogs, and they can barely stand up themselves but I appreciate that they want to get outside and exercise so that they don't fall apart sitting on a couch.

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Most old people are fairly deaf, there wasn't much PPE or noise level restriction practiced when they were in the workforce. I have a few around here that try to walk dogs, and they can barely stand up themselves but I appreciate that they want to get outside and excise so that they don't fall apart sitting on a couch.
I did pass an old fella walking slap bang in the middle of a 2m wide shared pathway a while back and called out to him a few times as I approached. As he didn't move, I slowed right up and past him just faster than walking pace. He jumped out of his skin and said in an angry tone that I was lucky that he had seen my shadow. In a case like that, I don't know what more than you can do. If you yell or have a loud horn and he would jump out of his skin or if he doesn't hear you, you get the same result.
I commonly see people comment on anything shared path related on social media that a bike rider "almost hit me" which really means that a bike came from behind them and intentionally didn't hit them. They don't seem to realise that if you clip someone with your bike you are quite likely going to be worse off than they are. No one is going to intentionally hit a pedestrian.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I did pass an old fella walking slap bang in the middle of a 2m wide shared pathway a while back and called out to him a few times as I approached. As he didn't move, I slowed right up and past him just faster than walking pace. He jumped out of his skin and said in an angry tone that I was lucky that he had seen my shadow. In a case like that, I don't know what more than you can do. If you yell or have a loud horn and he would jump out of his skin or if he doesn't hear you, you get the same result.
I commonly see people comment on anything shared path related on social media that a bike rider "almost hit me" which really means that a bike came from behind them and intentionally didn't hit them. They don't seem to realise that if you clip someone with your bike you are quite likely going to be worse off than they are. No one is going to intentionally hit a pedestrian.
There have been some nasty accidents here, some parts of the bike paths have no safety barriers and you can fall straight into the Brisbane river where they have large rocks to stop erosion.

fsdf.PNG

safreek

Attachments

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Most old people are fairly deaf, there wasn't much PPE or noise level restriction practiced when they were in the workforce. I have a few around here that try to walk dogs, and they can barely stand up themselves but I appreciate that they want to get outside and exercise so that they don't fall apart sitting on a couch.
I don't mind them being out, it's the weaving all over the path when they know they can't hear, then acting surprised to see another person in a public space (of all places, honestly ;))

"She's a witch! Damn it...she's cast a heart attack spell on me and made me piss my pants. A witch!!!!"

That'd be my guess.
Quite likely!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'm not following it but from what I saw briefly it was done as a protest against how police ignore reports involving same sex couples and this was relevant in in the murder. Why let police march with you if they are not doing their job to protect gay couples the same way hetero couples are protected. Have a look a bit deeper to see the reason, I'm sure it wasn't a decision taken lightly and the media aren't likely reporting things correctly.
Anything you can share to back this up?

safreek

Anything you can share to back this up?
It's actually one small group that have been trying to get the police out of the parade for a while now. They are the ones pushing the agenda and all the rest are just toeing the like.
Not one gay person I know agree it's the right thing to do.
That's 6 friends out of 6. 100%

LPG

likes thicc birds
Doesn't seem real relevant in this event, plenty of 000 calls aren't investigated because they can't be traced, apparently they couldn't trace where this one came from.

The amount of heterosexual domestic violence is huge and doesn't get treated any differently.
It's always after the fact that everyone wants to judge.
Police can be gay and should be able to be represented in the Mardi gras.

Seems they are relentlessly hunting down gay killers from decades ago, with much success. Pretty good start from something that was always ignored.

The force has changed s lot from the bad old days and people need to recognize this, not all crime is able to be stopped, maybe I'm wrong but no one reported the shots, if they did and no one investigated it's more than just the gay community that should be worried.

Unfortunately some people are always waiting to have a dig at the police.

It's all a political stand, unfortunately the Mardi gras is all about politics now and not just celebrating gayness.
Yes I know it started as a political statement, but to include other political stands debases what the whole thing represents now.
Just feeding back that I can't seem to find much specifics. I agree with you that it is a bad move to exclude police and Id be surprised if there isn't more depth than I can see.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Not entirely unexpected, but shit form, regardless.

I had no idea about that Pantera shit in 2016. Piss poor apology for an unacceptable action.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Phil Anselmo later said he was talking about white wine. What a Fuck head.

Rob Flynn from Machine Head called the Pantera douche out over that in a long YT video.

"Not entirely unexpected".... Plenty of nazi/racist pop singers too!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not entirely unexpected, but shit form, regardless.

I had no idea about that Pantera shit in 2016. Piss poor apology for an unacceptable action.
Wow, Pantera are fucking weak.

Why is always the fattest, ugliest cunts who ally with a master race theory that'd be first to put them into the ovens if still around?
"Not entirely unexpected".... Plenty of nazi/racist pop singers too!
1709069771392.png