Little Things You Hate

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Update: A 40 year old Dandenong woman is assisting police with their investigation.

That's nice of her, isn't it?

Could probably switch to LTIL now, but figured I may as well continue my update totem here.

She's now been charged, after police found other CCTV proving it was her that was driving.

That explains why they had released her previously. She must have denied it was her in the car.

Let's hope that adds significantly to her sentence, as an aggravating factor.

safreek

Could probably switch to LTIL now, but figured I may as well continue my update totem here.

She's now been charged, after police found other CCTV proving it was her that was driving.

That explains why they had released her previously. She must have denied it was her in the car.

Let's hope that adds significantly to her sentence, as an aggravating factor.

If she lied to them she/her should be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice as well. Won't happen though

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
scheduling a tradie to come for a quote - be there between 8 and 12. the day before, be there 830-9. still waiting at almost 11. I was going to head to the gym after he'd visited, i could have been and got back by now.
At least you seem to have found someone to come out and quote.
Last two jobs I've tried to get someone out for, we couldn't actually get someone to turn up. So one we had to go with the 1 company that at least responded on-line, the other we ended up doing ourselves.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
scheduling a tradie to come for a quote - be there between 8 and 12. the day before, be there 830-9. still waiting at almost 11. I was going to head to the gym after he'd visited, i could have been and got back by now.
I had a tradie booked for 8am yesterday, simply never showed up or called. This is common, about the third time ive had that down here.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
the other we ended up doing ourselves.
Do more of this. YouTube, buy the tools and have a crack.

I've renovated 2 houses in the last 6 years and the only tradies that have been at my house were to fit the kitchen she picked, 1x kitchen fitter for 2 days and 3 x stonemasons fitting the benches. I then did all the rest of it... taps, sink, lighting, oven, hot plate, dishwasher etc.

Haakon

I've renovated 2 houses in the last 6 years and the only tradies that have been at my house were to fit the kitchen she picked, 1x kitchen fitter for 2 days and 3 x stonemasons fitting the benches. I then did all the rest of it... taps, sink, lighting, oven, hot plate, dishwasher etc.
Even when (not if) you fuck some things up, its still worth doing! Plus you get to buy toys - a drop saw and impact driver made my shed bench building shenanigans way more fun :)

Haakon

They know who you are and don't want to spend the whole time with you looking over their shoulder tsk tsk tsking and saying you could do it better and cheaper.
Probably. But when it comes to 240volts (and asbestos), im happy to have some help. House wiring circuit design does my head in...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Probably. But when it comes to 240volts (and asbestos), im happy to have some help. House wiring circuit design does my head in...
Anything involving electricity or plumbing are two areas of home maintenance I'm confident I'll never have a go at. Although I did once fix the guttering, offset bends and pipes on the back of a sharehouse (yes it was largely with gaffer tape, but it worked).

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It was bathroom stuff and I'm not nearly skilled enough to handle that.
The one we did was landscaping, which I can at least sort of understand, and doesn't turn my house into a pool when I stuff it up

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was bathroom stuff and I'm not nearly skilled enough to handle that.
You never know until you give it a go.

When you realise the cost of getting a tiler in to tile your bathroom.... means you can buy all the tools and the tiles x 3 for the price he wants. Meaning you can fuck the complete job up 3 times.
Refer back to YouTube between fck ups and eventually it will right. You gain tools, job satisfaction, some DIY stoke and a new set of skills. No more tradies for tiling in this house :cool:

Before you know it you'll be doing roof restorations, gyprock'in and laying floors.