Little Things You Hate

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think it's that (I'm self-diagnosing because male). I go to sleep fine, but wake up at 2am or whatever and cannot get back to sleep, or if I do it's like snippets / really light crappy sleep.
I think that's called living in Melbourne!
Not sleeping the best either, routine is all stuffed.

Or lets blame 5G ha ha

Jpez

Down on the left!
I don't think it's that (I'm self-diagnosing because male). I go to sleep fine, but wake up at 2am or whatever and cannot get back to sleep, or if I do it's like snippets / really light crappy sleep.
I do similar. Seem to drop off ok then wake up around then with general anxieties and worries bubbling to the surface. Even if I can’t pinpoint the actual issue there’s always something going on in the background.
I’ve found trying to work out what the issue is with someone is the best answer. It’s almost always anxiety for me. But easier said than done during all this Covid shit.
Sleeping pills knock me out for 2 hours then wake up anyway. If I take enough to bomb me all night I’m rooted for a day or two. I find a couple Valium just to relax me before bed a better option.
And limiting screen time before bed really helps. Blue light or some such but seems to affect me.
Reading a real book works wonders if I can focus.
Hope you get it sorted soon. It can really mess with you.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just buy a Rascal or a Rail, and sleep like a baby.
Shut. Up. Met a dude with a mint green Rail on the weekend who was raving about its general magnificence and since then I've been having unhealthy thoughts about how easily all the parts from my HD4 would just float over to one..
Or lets blame 5G ha ha
It's the flying foxes. The flying foxes have the coronavirus which is actually 5G symptoms and all the birds are surveillance drones because George Soros and Bill Gates are going to enslave us and Dan wants to turn us into Maoist China. I think that's it. Read my blog.
Hope you get it sorted soon. It can really mess with you.
Thanks mate, yeah it's a total HF. I'm hopeless on limited sleep as it is (hence why I'm not a parent) and have definitely had the 3am "let's stare at the ceiling and panic about uncontrollable shite" before, but there's nothing I can pinpoint this protracted episode on. Definitely a first. Lack of daylight saving making it feel like 9am at 6 is certainly unhelpful.

Very yes to book, and no to screen time. I dunno how people can stare at the phones at 3am in the dark it feels like my retinas are being microwaved. I had a very dry book on the history of factories that was my go to in the past, I really should find it.

moorey

call me Mia
Are people really paying those crazy prices ?
I suspect that enough are to give this thing legs.
When I sold my DH bike a couple of months ago, I was responding to a WTB. Put up a pic and the same price I had ‘sold’ it for a few months earlier before covid travel restrictions torpedoed the deal. It was a fair price, neither a bargain nor a douche listing.
Within 10 minutes, I had a dozen messages from people trying to snipe the bike, all offering substantially more than a was asking. I sold it to the original guy at the asking price...and threw in some extras.
Things have got worse since then. I thought toilet paper and pasta were bad...The used bike market is an embarrassment to us all.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I suspect that enough are to give this thing legs.
When I sold my DH bike a couple of months ago, I was responding to a WTB. Put up a pic and the same price I had ‘sold’ it for a few months earlier before covid travel restrictions torpedoed the deal. It was a fair price, neither a bargain nor a douche listing.
Within 10 minutes, I had a dozen messages from people trying to snipe the bike, all offering substantially more than a was asking. I sold it to the original guy at the asking price...and threw in some extras.
Things have got worse since then. I thought toilet paper and pasta were bad...The used bike market is an embarrassment to us all.
Wow! Crazy times ahead.