Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not me BTW.

A mate of mine was buying a house for the 3rd time in 3 different states and he's rented each time before buying.

Told me he stops the rental payments 3-4 weeks out from breaking the lease, then when the shit hits the fan hes not really losing money.

Reckons the same shit has happened 6 times and he wont be burnt again with asshole real estate agents.

Whatever happens on handover day, the 3-4 weeks rent comes from the bond.

Not something I would do but looks like you are dealing with those kind of agents.
They could still get money out of him, if it goes to court.

Real estate agents. Think I might just leave them the bond and walk away from the place. Not because I’ve trashed it or don’t want to spend time/money cleaning it up etc, but because they’re aggressive obtuse cutns who can all go fuck themselves. Leave a mess and make the fucks do some actual work for a change.

It’s a simple end of lease handover, but they managed to make it a fucking production and an opportunity to flex their authority. Dickheads.

Did manage to get my property manager’s boss and lodge a formal complaint and extracted an apology, so that was fun. But fuck me I’ll be glad to see the back of them.

My agent for when I had this place rented out is equally useless…
They'll pay some poor cleaner to do it, they never get their hands dirty.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

They'll pay some poor cleaner to do it, they never get their hands dirty.
Just calling a cleaner and organising that much is work for those pathetic pricks…

When I eventually get around to selling my land in Victoria, I will go to extreme efforts to avoid giving these shits any of my money…

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just calling a cleaner and organising that much is work for those pathetic pricks…

When I eventually get around to selling my land in Victoria, I will go to extreme efforts to avoid giving these shits any of my money…
And they'll most likely get a kickback from it, and waste your bond. You should see the shit they try when I get my own tradies in to do repairs.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
And they'll most likely get a kickback from it, and waste your bond. You should see the shit they try when I get my own tradies in to do repairs.
Honestly, I think I will forgo the dosh jsut to walk away and not deal with them… Itter chunts.

Problem I have is it’s been a 10 year long lease, so there has been plenty of normal wear and tear and also a bunch of shit that broke and they never fixed. And I jsut know they will bend me over on it all…

Flow-Rider

Burner
Honestly, I think I will forgo the dosh jsut to walk away and not deal with them… Itter chunts.

Problem I have is it’s been a 10 year long lease, so there has been plenty of normal wear and tear and also a bunch of shit that broke and they never fixed. And I jsut know they will bend me over on it all…
They can't do anything with wear and tear, not even scratches in the wall from moving furniture, life expectancy of most furnishings is 10 years or under anyway. You should contact the tenancy advocacy group in your state for advice.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They have probably worked out while they are trying to shaft him for some of his bond and he has just shafted them.

They get to keep 3/4 of his bond in rent payments and if they want to charge him more $ up and above what they already have and head to court over it, they will actually have to prove they are right.

Not my cup of tea but I did get royally shafted once back in 2006, when I broke lease 3 months early, the real estate agent relisted the house at $80 a week more than I was paying. It listed for $330 a week and no takers, it was dropped $10 every couple of weeks till someone rented it at $270 a week.
I paid rent for that place for 10 weeks after I moved out, only 2 weeks short of the full year. I questioned the real estate agents approach and she said it was under-priced and she was seeking rental market value.
I lost my bond and paid several extra weeks rental to keep myself right... in hindsight I shouldn't have paid and let her prove her actions were ethical in court, if she decided to come after me.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They have probably worked out while they are trying to shaft him for some of his bond and he has just shafted them.

They get to keep 3/4 of his bond in rent payments and if they want to charge him more $ up and above what they already have and head to court over it, they will actually have to prove they are right.
Not paying rent will get you on the tenancy black list for one, but if you get taken to those rental tribunals fuck all happens if you're ordered to pay more money and you don't, but if you get dragged into a supreme court afterwards the outcome will be different.

Not my cup of tea but I did get royally shafted once back in 2006, when I broke lease 3 months early, the real estate agent relisted the house at $80 a week more than I was paying. It listed for $330 a week and no takers, it was dropped $10 every couple of weeks till someone rented it at $270 a week.
I paid rent for that place for 10 weeks after I moved out, only 2 weeks short of the full year. I questioned the real estate agents approach and she said it was under-priced and she was seeking rental market value.
I lost my bond and paid several extra weeks rental to keep myself right... in hindsight I shouldn't have paid and let her prove her actions were ethical in court, if she decided to come after me.
They're meant to advertise at the same rate, as someone is taking over your old lease, then after the lease expires they can put it up.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There's another type of agent? o_O
I'm probably cursing myself for admitting this but my agent is actually competent, friendly and transparent. First time for everything (previous ones have been totally useless, including one absolute tool who was convinced a Brazillian Cherry tree growing in the backyard of a former rental was marijuana, was sniffing the leaves and everything).

moorey

call me Mia
I'm probably cursing myself for admitting this but my agent is actually competent, friendly and transparent. First time for everything (previous ones have been totally useless, including one absolute tool who was convinced a Brazillian Cherry tree growing in the backyard of a former rental was marijuana, was sniffing the leaves and everything).
Easy mistake to make.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Indeed. Missed this. Such an awesome actress, and the perfect mum to George. All the Seinfeld parents were absolutely stand out characters in their own right.
Indeed - a combination of great writing and acting to bring them to life.