Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Modern cars that are hooked up to the Internet for all their navigation systems et cetera, but don’t automatically update their clocks for daylight savings.
True, I put a new headunit into the venerable Jimny. It doesn't have internet access but uses the GPS time to set local time. Makes sense.

The Mazda says 'No' and you have to push buttons to change the time even if it has a built in GPS.

Time is overrated anyhow. You aren't missing out on much.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I haven't fired up the home espresso machine for a very long time, definitely not this year even! I just can't be fucked with it most days after making coffee for people etc. Anyway I have a ummmmm well you know a ummmm visitor and she wanted me to make her one. So I fire up the grill and as I'm waiting for it to warm up I knock the grinder over. Coffee beans be everywhere in my kitchen!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't fired up the home espresso machine for a very long time, definitely not this year even! I just can't be fucked with it most days after making coffee for people etc. Anyway I have a ummmmm well you know a ummmm visitor and she wanted me to make her one. So I fire up the grill and as I'm waiting for it to warm up I knock the grinder over. Coffee beans be everywhere in my kitchen!
She didn't come to your home for coffee. :D

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Car insurance going up by a sneaky 10% in the second year of coverage, presumably because "lol it's not like you're gonna read the fine print"

Should I cut them some slack given most vehicle insurance providers are probably a bit nervous atm given 50% of NSW / Queensland's car stock is probably still underwater? Or is this just standard practice?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Car insurance going up by a sneaky 10% in the second year of coverage, presumably because "lol it's not like you're gonna read the fine print"

Should I cut them some slack given most vehicle insurance providers are probably a bit nervous atm given 50% of NSW / Queensland's car stock is probably still underwater? Or is this just standard practice?
Ring 'em up and grumble, they'll typically match last year's premium. I just did this with house insurance. Did it late last year with car insurance.

Given the majority of insurers in Australia are just rebranded arms of Suncorp, don't feel too bad for them:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

After many years in insurance, thankfully no longer. Standard. Given floods recently except big jumps in house too. Worth a call to query and see if they will budge. Some do some don’t - also if they offer an online discount see if they will match that or as one place I worked customers would cancel and resign up online to get the discount as policy was not too match.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After many years in insurance, thankfully no longer. Standard. Given floods recently except big jumps in house too. Worth a call to query and see if they will budge. Some do some don’t - also if they offer an online discount see if they will match that or as one place I worked customers would cancel and resign up online to get the discount as policy was not too match.
Yep. Just got my house and contents renewal. Up 37%. When I querried it, I was told bushfires, floods, locust, fire and brimstone. It's all happening. When I suggested maybe I should ring another broker...Hallelujah!! They saw the light! Dimly, anyway. Dropped to a 30% increase.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Also watch the bastards if you have an 'agreed value'. Your premium will go up and the 'agreed value' will go down. Its amazing what changes they can slide through in a renewal notice
They love doing that, I questioned it once as to why a brand new car was cheaper to insure compared than a 3 year old car that had less value, and replied that's how they get new customers. I've stopped full comp cover on all my cars after they get to about 6 years old, the cars start to devalue so fast that it isn't worth it.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
They love doing that, I questioned it once as to why a brand new car was cheaper to insure compared than a 3 year old car that had less value, and replied that's how they get new customers. I've stopped full comp cover on all my cars after they get to about 6 years old, the cars start to devalue so fast that it isn't worth it.
Had life time new for old on the Alfa - GIO do it if you insure it from new with them.
Lost it because GIO don’t cover Tasmania…

Shannons were next best with a half reasonable agreed value.