Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had life time new for old on the Alfa - GIO do it if you insure it from new with them.
Lost it because GIO don’t cover Tasmania…

Shannons were next best with a half reasonable agreed value.
Shannons are expensive here, not sure if it's post code related, they're just out of the world prices. You got to read all the subclauses, I had a 3 month old car and a kid threw a rock into the front guard, got the police involved straight away and because I couldn't legally name the kid my insurance claim was denied because the excess exceeded the repair value.

Just tried to get a quote, and there's no hope in hell that I will ever deal with Suncorp again lol!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
in this market you should also check that your agreed value is enough to replace the car it is is totalled. used prices are still crazy
I had this “discussion” while insurance shopping. The insurance industry doesn’t “recognise” covid prices. They only will pay market value, but would let say how that’s defined…

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I had this “discussion” while insurance shopping. The insurance industry doesn’t “recognise” covid prices. They only will pay market value, but would let say how that’s defined…
Handy that market value doesn't really represent the market. Geeezzz, it always works in their favour.

Got a Youi a few years ago that was quite a bit larger than NRMA. They would then call most years around renewal time and could never get close. I told them don't bother, please don't call. Predict I'll get another one later this year. Shannon's always were super expensive for me.

LTIH, big rain is on the way again. Contemplating a move to Buninyong or Tasmania too. Sigh.......

Flow-Rider

Burner
A mate of mine crashed a newish Harley years ago, it smashed the oil filter off during the accident and the engine ran with no oil. They paid him out close to 30k and he thought he would go to auction and buy the wreck back for about 5k, but it sold for just under 20K.

moorey

call me Mia
A mate of mine crashed a newish Harley years ago, it smashed the oil filter off during the accident and the engine ran with no oil. They paid him out close to 30k and he thought he would go to auction and buy the wreck back for about 5k, but it sold for just under 20K.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sure it a bikies pride and joy now, well the vin number is anyway.

Jpez

Down on the left!
On a quite a busy road through our suburb is a bike lane that continues around the outside of the roundabouts instead of stopping in the middle of nowhere like usual. They’ve been doing road works in the area and these roundabouts were ripped out and put back again. Except now they are bigger for some bizarre reason which means cars have no choice but to actually drive into the green marked bicycle lane which was sketchy enough as it was as most drivers would cut the corner anyway but at least it was a slightly visible safe zone for a rider.
The mind boggles. The council even sent out a survey on making cycling in and through the area better and safer and then they go and do this.

Haakon

Real estate agents. Think I might just leave them the bond and walk away from the place. Not because I’ve trashed it or don’t want to spend time/money cleaning it up etc, but because they’re aggressive obtuse cutns who can all go fuck themselves. Leave a mess and make the fucks do some actual work for a change.

It’s a simple end of lease handover, but they managed to make it a fucking production and an opportunity to flex their authority. Dickheads.

Did manage to get my property manager’s boss and lodge a formal complaint and extracted an apology, so that was fun. But fuck me I’ll be glad to see the back of them.

My agent for when I had this place rented out is equally useless…

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Real estate agents. Think I might just leave them the bond and walk away from the place. Not because I’ve trashed it or don’t want to spend time/money cleaning it up etc, but because they’re aggressive obtuse cutns who can all go fuck themselves. Leave a mess and make the fucks do some actual work for a change.

It’s a simple end of lease handover, but they managed to make it a fucking production and an opportunity to flex their authority. Dickheads.

Did manage to get my property manager’s boss and lodge a formal complaint and extracted an apology, so that was fun. But fuck me I’ll be glad to see the back of them.

My agent for when I had this place rented out is equally useless…
Not me BTW.

A mate of mine was buying a house for the 3rd time in 3 different states and he's rented each time before buying.

Told me he stops the rental payments 3-4 weeks out from breaking the lease, then when the shit hits the fan hes not really losing money.

Reckons the same shit has happened 6 times and he wont be burnt again with asshole real estate agents.

Whatever happens on handover day, the 3-4 weeks rent comes from the bond.

Not something I would do but looks like you are dealing with those kind of agents.

Haakon

Not me BTW.

A mate of mine was buying a house for the 3rd time in 3 different states and he's rented each time before buying.

Told me he stops the rental payments 3-4 weeks out from breaking the lease, then when the shit hits the fan hes not really losing money.

Reckons the same shit has happened 6 times and he wont be burnt again with asshole real estate agents.

Whatever happens on handover day, the 3-4 weeks rent comes from the bond.

Not something I would do but looks like you are dealing with those kind of agents.
Fuck, wish I’d thought of that…