How to remove stripped shock bolt??

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
It is from personal experience. A while ago I purchased a frame that had a seat post snapped off and jammed in the tube. I tried a lot of things to remove it, without success, and one of them was the freeze and release...I don't really wear clothes much around the house so there I was outside nude in the sunshine eagerly spraying that stuff into the frame and not paying enough attention. Well fortunately I didn't get myself with a direct blast!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Alright so

Drive in torx bit with big hammer, check. Heat with hairdryer till it's to hot to touch, check.
Start turning, check.
Repeat because it still so tight I only get a couple of tiny movements before head threads, fing CHECK.

After a couple of goes I now have the bolt part way out (3mm or so) but we now have our next installment in fuck this bolt and the bike it came in on.

The bolt is now just spinning in place after coming out maybe 3 turns. Gone from stripped bolt head to stripped thread I think. Any ideas on getting a bolt out that doesn't wind out when you only have a few mm of bolt head to work with?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Alright so

Drive in torx bit with big hammer, check. Heat with hairdryer till it's to hot to touch, check.
Start turning, check.
Repeat because it still so tight I only get a couple of tiny movements before head threads, fing CHECK.

After a couple of goes I now have the bolt part way out (3mm or so) but we now have our next installment in fuck this bolt and the bike it came in on.

The bolt is now just spinning in place after coming out maybe 3 turns. Gone from stripped bolt head to stripped thread I think. Any ideas on getting a bolt out that doesn't wind out when you only have a few mm of bolt head to work with?
Get someone to help you by lightly tapping on the bolt from the other end while you try to unwind it at the same time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cut a groove in the bolt with your hack saw. Jam a butter knife in and use it to unwind the bolt while your mate gently taps the other end towards you.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Can you pry under the head with a flat blade pry bar (nobody uses flat blade screwdriver’s for anything other than prying stuff) while turning the bolt?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
All good suggestions but the easiest and roughest is just drill it out if alloy and just use a slightly smaller bolt with a niloc nut on the other side.
years ago I drilled the thread out and used a slightly larger high tensile bolt and locking nuts on the other side.
I still ride the bike and years later it is fine.