How to remove stripped shock bolt??

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Is the bolt steel? Looks soft from the pics.

As others have said heat to break the loctite. Heatgun or even hair dryer is OK. You only want to heat the threaded end. Apply heat and then feel how hot things are getting on the end of the shock at the top of the aircan near the eyelit. If you can still touch the shock with bare fingers at the top of the aircan you know that there's not enough heat getting into the shock to damage it. On a long downhill run your air shock can get too hot to touch. It will not magically blow up in your face if you keep its heat less than this. You could also remove the air from the shock just to be sure.

Impact driver would help. Hammering torx bit in is a great idea @moorey , otherwise slotting bolt head is good too @Dales Cannon . If you don't have an impact driver, hitting the back side of the bolt with a nail punch can help to break it free (do NOT use a centre punch or hit it with anything that will cause it to flare/mushroom on the threaded end).

I hate "easy outs" after snapping one off in a bolt which meant that I went from a mild steel problem to a hardened steel problem. Ended up having to resort to welding a lever on with special "weld-all" rods. Total PITA.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So annoying that bike manufacturers still use weak/soft bolts at all!! Some brands have it all worked out, and some just don't seem to care.
Try drilling a 3 or 4mm hole into the opposite/threaded end of the bolt and screwing in a smaller size bolt, then tighten to extract from linkage...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So annoying that bike manufacturers still use weak/soft bolts at all!! Some brands have it all worked out, and some just don't seem to care.
Try drilling a 3 or 4mm hole into the opposite/threaded end of the bolt and screwing in a smaller size bolt, then tighten to extract from linkage...
Drilling the tail of the bolt is very effective. Sometimes the heat/vibration will loosen the loctite, and sometimes the bolt can even be threaded out from the mangled end as there's nothing supporting the threads and they can deform away from what they're threaded into.

Just make sure you drill it nice and square!

teK--

Eats Squid
Whichever method you use to get some purchase into the bolt to unscrew it, I highly recommend Loctite Freeze n Release spray. give it a good blast then try unwinding the bolt.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whichever method you use to get some purchase into the bolt to unscrew it, I highly recommend Loctite Freeze n Release spray. give it a good blast then try unwinding the bolt.
I have this stuff, have gone through a whole can trying it on various things and it has not helped ONCE.

teK--

Eats Squid
I have this stuff, have gone through a whole can trying it on various things and it has not helped ONCE.
Maybe you didn't spray enough on LOL. Needed 2 cans perhaps.

Jokes aside, I have loosened heaps of stubborn slightly corroded bolts heaps of times previously with it, but I'm sure there are some situations where it might not help.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't use it in the nude. The slightest touch yields much less hammer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is from personal experience. A while ago I purchased a frame that had a seat post snapped off and jammed in the tube. I tried a lot of things to remove it, without success, and one of them was the freeze and release...I don't really wear clothes much around the house so there I was outside nude in the sunshine eagerly spraying that stuff into the frame and not paying enough attention. Well fortunately I didn't get myself with a direct blast!