Formula One world championship

crash3

Likes Dirt
A move to Alpine could fulfill that - unless Alonso is making them look a lot better than they are (entirely possible).
I hope this is where he goes. It really is the most competitive option for him.
I think (or maybe just hope) he'd match or outperform Ocon like he did in 2020, who is currently outscoring Alonso.

Though apparently Alpine also considering Schumacher and Gasly.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think Gasly is still under contract with RedBull so that might be interesting and I really think Mick has really struggled and if HAAS are letting him go I am not sure if anyone else will be keen other than his name. To be honest I think a lot of his issues have come from trying to push too hard on a car that isnt there but he hasn't learned his limits and with the budget issues of a smaller team that is a concern.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wouldn’t it be a lovely twist to the tale if Dan gets a good seat going forward and clocks up some great points and can look back and say Kimi was right, “that car sure was a piece of shit”
I hope so. I do get the sense that the way some F1 cars are set up, is suited to certain drivers' racing style. Norris can drive the McLaren well, whereas it just feels off and a bit fkd up to Dan, whether it's the weight distribution, the behaviour of the aero package etc (???)

crash3

Likes Dirt
I think Gasly is still under contract with RedBull so that might be interesting and I really think Mick has really struggled and if HAAS are letting him go I am not sure if anyone else will be keen other than his name. To be honest I think a lot of his issues have come from trying to push too hard on a car that isnt there but he hasn't learned his limits and with the budget issues of a smaller team that is a concern.
He is but RB are open to releasing him apparently: Alpine make Pierre Gasly enquiries for Formula 1 2023 as Red Bull open door amid Oscar Piastri wait | F1 News (skysports.com)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Interesting, RB must have another driver in the junior program to bring up. RB are usually long sighted in keeping the best drivers sorted.

Gasly would be a good fit for Alpine.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Interesting, RB must have another driver in the junior program to bring up. RB are usually long sighted in keeping the best drivers sorted.

Gasly would be a good fit for Alpine.
Maybe they think they can get Danny Ric back at a bargain price and chuck him in their B team ;)

link1896

is a man of many talents
Maybe they think they can get Danny Ric back at a bargain price and chuck him in their B team ;)
Christian, for all his douchbaggery, still rates Dan

"It's just very sad," Horner told Sky Sports F1. "Obviously, I'm not close to it. I've spoken to Daniel a little bit.

"I don't recognise him as the same driver as he was with when he was with us. He's one of the best guys out there. He's definitely got that capability.”

madstace

Likes Dirt
Christian, for all his douchbaggery, still rates Dan

"It's just very sad," Horner told Sky Sports F1. "Obviously, I'm not close to it. I've spoken to Daniel a little bit.

"I don't recognise him as the same driver as he was with when he was with us. He's one of the best guys out there. He's definitely got that capability.”
Perhaps if Fuckface McGee had some better recognition of Dan circa 2018 the poor bastard wouldn't now be such an unwitting pawn in one of the crazier silly seasons I can remember.

And as much is it may cut Dan's grass, if Gasly has an option to move to Alpine, he should take it. He along with Albon have both fallen victim to RBs "rating system" i.e. what some pedo looking fuck thinks.

Goddamn I'm riled up now. Apart from Adrian Newey, Red Bull are the real "bunch of cunts".

ForkinGreat

Perhaps if Fuckface McGee had some better recognition of Dan circa 2018 the poor bastard wouldn't now be such an unwitting pawn in one of the crazier silly seasons I can remember.

And as much is it may cut Dan's grass, if Gasly has an option to move to Alpine, he should take it. He along with Albon have both fallen victim to RBs "rating system" i.e. what some pedo looking fuck thinks.

Goddamn I'm riled up now. Apart from Adrian Newey, Red Bull are the real "bunch of cunts".
and ToeToe

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Preach.

One of the (many) reasons I stopped watching DTS was cus every time Horner's smug face appeared on it I'd want to commit violence to the telly.

Edit: also if you want to make yourself even angrier, have a listen to Horner's mealy mouthed defence of his equally shitty protege Vettel over the 'Mult 21' saga.

Last edited:

madstace

Likes Dirt
also if you want to make yourself even angrier, have a listen to Horner's mealy mouthed defence of his equally shitty protege Vettel over the 'Mult 21' saga.
Where do you think a lot of the hate started :p

As for everyone picking on Lewis, back off hey. I might not be en vogue, but I also love cargo pants, I don't get why everyone is piling o.....oh wait he looks like a giant cock warmer, that'll be it. He's still the GOAT but FFS Lewis wear something normal.

ForkinGreat

Where do you think a lot of the hate started :p

As for everyone picking on Lewis, back off hey. I might not be en vogue, but I also love cargo pants, I don't get why everyone is piling o.....oh wait he looks like a giant cock warmer, that'll be it. He's still the GOAT but FFS Lewis wear something normal.
I'm keen to see Rocketpoweredmohawk's take on it.

Last edited: