Formula One world championship

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What now for Daniel? Will he drop back to Alpine?
It's looking like his best option. Alpine are at least on a par with Mclaren and any other seat actually available would just be a big retrograde step imo.

Ooooor he could just drop F1 and go race Indycar or something (although that seems unlikely).

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What about Williams?
An Australian driver helping them develop and get (back) to the head of the pack. It’s been done before.
It'd be the mother of all comeback stories for both of them but unfortunately I don't think Williams has the resources / money to be able to do it in the time that Daniel has left on the grid. As good as he is he isn't Alonso.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I'd just like to see Danny in a car he's comfortable with (pointy front end and good under braking). The Mclaren really does seem like poo, they're just lucky they've got Norris to make it look better than it is. I think an Alpine drive would be alright...

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Mclaren could win the drivers championship this year if they got Heidi on board with a "no honey for the badger unless he wins" policy.
Would be nothin but lap records and checkered flags with motivation like that!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Mclaren could win the drivers championship this year if they got Heidi on board with a "no honey for the badger unless he wins" policy.
Would be nothin but lap records and checkered flags with motivation like that!
I think Nelson Piquet was on a contract a wee bit like that (not 'wins only' though - that would be a tough ask for anyone, IMO) in 1990 for Benneton. low retainer, but $50K per championship point. he was in the points 11 times and scored 2 wins that season.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Wouldn’t it be a lovely twist to the tale if Dan gets a good seat going forward and clocks up some great points and can look back and say Kimi was right, “that car sure was a piece of shit”
A move to Alpine could fulfill that - unless Alonso is making them look a lot better than they are (entirely possible).