COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Its looking pretty grim to be honest. Just got off the phone with covid-19.sa.gov helpline.

If I was to enter Victoria from Tasmania TODAY on the SOT and drive straight to the border without stopping, I would be required to isolated for 14 day and get tested in days 1,3 & 11 :(

Thats in addition to having the correct entry paperwork lodged and accepted.
Can't you just hold your breath as you pass through Victoria?

Jpez

Down on the left!
I booked the boat this morning. 13th December till 9th Jan.

27 days in Tassie, I said 'we'll just wing it with campsites'... now she's trying to lock in x-mas and New Year somewhere.

I am paying for nothing in advance unless they have a 100% refund cancellation policy.
Yeah. We had this booked before Delta was even a thing and things seemed ok at the time. It was always a roll of the dice.

teK--

Eats Squid

teK--

Eats Squid
Starting to make Tassie plans, told the missus to call the vid line for clear passage to Tassie, apparently we will be able to get on the boat in Vic if we non stop from SA... 'yeah ok that sounds right, how Tassie feels about this' FFS she will call them tomorrow :rolleyes:

That all depends on a non vid SA at that stage... and a non vid TAS to get back.

SA clear, enter VIC, is TAS happy we entered VIC, does SA stay clear, does TAS stay clear, leave TAS, enter VIC, has SA restrictions going through VIC changed or now restricting being in TAS :mad:

Nearly too hard.
What a shitshow 2021 is. I thought it was meant to be turning over a new leaf on NYD!

We just cancelled the Derby trip we had booked for late Oct :(

Hope you get get down there.

teK--

Eats Squid
Don't really see the whole side of this "trust" and "freedoms" and "good will" business. It's a pandemic. We really don't know what the future looks like. The virus mutates, new variants of concern worse than delta already exist and people are all worried about whether they'll get to have a beer In the park. I get it, but at the same time I'm shaking my head. All this is fan fare. If we get a worse variant circulating, this all goes out the window.

In before the govt gives us the " we told you so" when our cases peak and people complain about how fucked THAT is
Mate I could imagine the furore when they announce the vaccines are no longer effective enough and we have to go back into lockdown until the new improved vaccine is available. It's not a matter of if this happens, but when...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Mate I could imagine the furore when they announce the vaccines are no longer effective enough and we have to go back into lockdown until the new improved vaccine is available. It's not a matter of if this happens, but when...
Haha yep. We can hope that the additional natural immunity we gain when we all get the fucking thing anyway helps bring this chapter to a close

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just took the kid in for his first shot. Took a while as they said he needed i.d. too. Me having id and a medicare card didnt count Lucky my wife was at home and able to scramble and get a photo of his school card. Would be nice if they put something on the mail when you book. most teenagers wouldnt have much in offial documents.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Its looking pretty grim to be honest. Just got off the phone with covid-19.sa.gov helpline.

If I was to enter Victoria from Tasmania TODAY on the SOT and drive straight to the border without stopping, I would be required to isolated for 14 day and get tested in days 1,3 & 11 :(

Thats in addition to having the correct entry paperwork lodged and accepted.
international travel will probably be non existent for a couple of years and even interstate is teetering on a knife edge with a quick lock down of borders and the risk of a 2 week quarantine.

Any holidays booked in another state or commitments booked in the future is now, or at least for the next few years while we have incoming international travellers, a massive financial risk.
Even booking in your own state is a risk as part of the SA lockdown has stopped any local holiday rentals or even going to a holiday home.
Deja vu?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
CovidPete said:
We are hearing another press conference might be happening tonight.
We will bring it live if it does.
Victorias Construction industry to be shut down for two weeks from midnight tonight.
Lol if true

Dan doesnt take any shit, even from the hi vis brigade :p

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
really really not cool for those that have been doing the right thing and trying to get on with it.

but also really reeeaaallly funny that the numbnuts that got out there today get some timeout to think about their actions.

Dan's gone full dad mode on them
And if true what chance numbnuts who will stage those protests will do what they are asked to do? My calculator says fuckall.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
And if true what chance numbnuts who will stage those protests will do what they are asked to do? My calculator says fuckall.
i'd hazard a guess that those at the protest would have been primarily commercial workers and their sites will flat out be shut down, no chance they'll get away with operating.
Domestic will probably continue to find loopholes, anything thats an "urgent repair" will still go ahead so they'll just push the boundaries on the word "urgent" somewhat. but again, i reckon there was probably not many domestic operators at the protest, they've usually got too much actual work to do :p