COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Starting to make Tassie plans, told the missus to call the vid line for clear passage to Tassie, apparently we will be able to get on the boat in Vic if we non stop from SA... 'yeah ok that sounds right, how Tassie feels about this' FFS she will call them tomorrow :rolleyes:

That all depends on a non vid SA at that stage... and a non vid TAS to get back.

SA clear, enter VIC, is TAS happy we entered VIC, does SA stay clear, does TAS stay clear, leave TAS, enter VIC, has SA restrictions going through VIC changed or now restricting being in TAS :mad:

Nearly too hard.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to hear vic and nsw on the same page with reopening today.. Vic a bit more cautious which makes sense..
Bit slow on schools imo but the certainly going forward was welcome..
I have been critical of Dan previously but today I think his messaging was bang on point.. We are going foward to live with the virus once the thresholds are met.. I’m a little uncomfortable that antivaxxers are holding my kids education to ransom but looking at nsw they are the minority compared to the >80% willing to get jabbed..

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Good to hear vic and nsw on the same page with reopening today.. Vic a bit more cautious which makes sense..
I have been critical of Dan previously but today I think his messaging was bang on point.. We are going foward to live with the virus once the thresholds are met.. I’m a little uncomfortable that antivaxxers are holding my kids education to ransom but looking at nsw they are the minority compared to the >80% willing to get jabbed..
I don't think it was the same page, just towing the line on national plan language's per every state. There were a lot caveats especially the whole "nsw is a few weeks ahead of us and we'll be watching what happens".

My view is even if we do follow it, things can change significantly in 6-8 weeks enough to render everything that was said today irrelevant.

In anycase, fun to watch.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think it was the same page. There were a lot caveats especially the whole "nsw is a few weeks ahead of us and we'll be watching what happens". The rest was just national plan which every state has hat to tow the line on.

My view is even if we do follow it, things can change significantly in 6-8 weeks enough to render everything that was said today irrelevant.

Yeah there was heaps of caveats, but pretty hard/impossible to go back on it politically if the vax rate matches the national plan.. People are going to get jabbed to protect themselves and for the goodwill that the gov will follow through on freedoms.. To breach that trust is a pretty big fking deal..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I don't think it was the same page, just towing the line on national plan language's per every state. There were a lot caveats especially the whole "nsw is a few weeks ahead of us and we'll be watching what happens".

You're not wrong, but at least there's some guide to what should happen, no different to the last 18 months really.

At least now it's eyes forward, instead of eyes at our belly buttons.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah there was heaps of caveats, but pretty hard/impossible to go back on it politically if the vax rate matches the national plan.. People are going to get jabbed to protect themselves and for the goodwill that the gov will follow through on freedoms.. To breach that trust is a pretty big fking deal..
Don't really see the whole side of this "trust" and "freedoms" and "good will" business. It's a pandemic. We really don't know what the future looks like. The virus mutates, new variants of concern worse than delta already exist and people are all worried about whether they'll get to have a beer In the park. I get it, but at the same time I'm shaking my head. All this is fan fare. If we get a worse variant circulating, this all goes out the window.

In before the govt gives us the " we told you so" when our cases peak and people complain about how fucked THAT is

sossy

Saucier
E0E6A5CD-260E-4B42-9F3F-A46167C81758.jpeg

This gave me hope

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Don't really see the whole side of this "trust" and "freedoms" and "good will" business. It's a pandemic. We really don't know what the future looks like. The virus mutates, new variants of concern worse than delta already exist and people are all worried about whether they'll get to have a beer In the park. I get it, but at the same time I'm shaking my head. All this is fan fare. If we get a worse variant circulating, this all goes out the window.

In before the govt gives us the " we told you so" when our cases peak and people complain about how fucked THAT is
People, in all walks of life, in all types of situations, think about themselves, and they think short term when stressed. Business, family, health, etc, etc. At times I’ve been just as guilty as the next mug in this regard. It’s a hard pattern to break.

People are acting like this is over by Xmas. Well it is going be over for the dead sadly.

If there is no end, what happens, what doesn’t happen? It could be like that tv shows final episode of season 1 that didn’t get picked up for season 2. W.T.F

variant Moo gets up and really fucks with us? I want it to be over, but let’s just stop and think for a moment, because our leaders sure aren’t.