COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
yeah I went through that stage. But I’ve replaced it with an obsession to ride minimum 200km a week. Can’t do that hungover.
I have Strava data from a week staying upstairs at the Dorset Pub in Derby earlier this year that suggests otherwise.

*Great digs that btw. Chilled atmosphere, friendly bar staff. Can heartily recommend!

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
UK going with booster shots for 30 million vulnerable ( front line, over 60, immune compromised). Half dose Moderna is the preferred mRNA option, even if Pfizer was administered previously. 6 months min gap from last shot

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Encouraging recent study on long covid and kids/adolescents;

“We don’t in fact have an accurate determination of the risk of long Covid, but it’s likely to be considerably less than many … headlines have been suggesting.”

Not disagreeing that it's good to look at things from both points of view, but:

A) It's nice to have been able to buy time to know that risks of long COVID are less than expected,
B) I still doubt anyone that's had pronounced COVID symptoms would feel that "rarely lasts longer than 12 weeks" - ie: 3 months - is all that "short" a timeframe.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not disagreeing that it's good to look at things from both points of view, but:

A) It's nice to have been able to buy time to know that risks of long COVID are less than expected,
B) I still doubt anyone that's had pronounced COVID symptoms would feel that "rarely lasts longer than 12 weeks" - ie: 3 months - is all that "short" a timeframe.
Don’t disagree..
Imo I like it when science fills the gaps in our understanding of covid.. Stops the worse case scenario being used by default..