COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My cousin is an engineer working on a very major infrastructure project in Victoria, earlier this year the entire site was shutdown because the bench in the sickbay was not regulation height.
After the place was cleared out, someone came in and measured it and it was exactly what it should be.

My brother works on rail projects at present, level crossing removals.
They got shut down for a couple of days because they didn't have a covered walkway from the smoko room to the toilet block.

This is the kind of bullshit we are up against, so it's no wonder the unions are giving people a gentle nudge to sit on a road and pretend they are doing something meaningful. They are far too powerful

moorey

call me Mia
Seconded. I dunno about Victorian tradies, but the 6 litres of Iced Coffee your average SA tradie imbibes per day doesn't do a great deal for their cardiovascular abilities. I reckon a bit of ditch eggs / run strategy guerrilla style will see you right.
Guerrilla Gravity style? Right up his alley.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That’s Guerilla not gorilla! We were taught to step lightly in the jungle. Plus I’ve read Che’s biography. I know how to do it!
I'd like to blame you for not getting my dig at GG's shitty QC, but well... It was a crap joke. Anyway. Fuck those idiots on Ballarat Rd. Hurry up and build the fucking hospital already.

stoff

Likes Dirt
My brother works on rail projects at present, level crossing removals.
They got shut down for a couple of days because they didn't have a covered walkway from the smoko room to the toilet block.
But the lack of cover never stops anyone heading to the shops at Smoko, or out the front gate for a dart.

I remember a project back 10 or 15 years ago I was on where the then secretary of the CFMEU in Victoria deemed us important enough to visit and declared the stair planks on our access stair weren't compliant. To get back to work, we brought the scaffolders in, removed them all, drove them round the block and reinstalled them, at which point they were apparently fine.

Left construction management after 20 years a couple of years back - don't miss the cesspool one bit.

slowmick

38-39"
Can you still have alcohol on site? 15 years ago I was a HVAC equipment supplier and we used to get around contract variations with slabs. At one point one of mechanical contractor's tool lock ups was dedicated purely to slab storage. It was like the final warehouse scene from Raider of the Lost Ark.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Can you still have alcohol on site? 15 years ago I was a HVAC equipment supplier and we used to get around contract variations with slabs. At one point one of mechanical contractor's tool lock ups was dedicated purely to slab storage. It was like the final warehouse scene from Raider of the Lost Ark.
Tower crane dogmen after 12 on a friday…… “no gifts, no lifts”