COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
and we've got curfews for sydney from monday. no more walks or rides after the kids go to bed. maybe we'll take it seriously now
I'm not sure that I understand how adding a curfew to help slow transmission works in this scenario, if you're only going out for one of the essential reasons, let's say exercise, wouldn't it be better to be out when there are less other people around or am I missing something obvious.

stoff

Likes Dirt
bag victoria, wait long enough that you hope people forget that and then copy dan's homework. i mean there's plenty to bag victoria for but we've not got much in bragging rights in covid handling
And now Dan's talking up stricter restrictions if we don't get things going the right way.

Jpez

Down on the left!
my theory is that it mostly tells people this is very serious to help with general compliance. not that many people out at night anyway
I’ve noticed in my area far fewer cars moving around at night during curfew Much less visiting between families which happens a lot! People just stay put like they’re supposed to more and it’s much more noticeable if you’re doing the wrong thing and are moving around.
Even the deadshit hoons in our area seem to be leaving less rubber on roads during the night.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
If you oil the pan lightly before cooking your kale, it makes it easier to slide it into the bin

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
I love greens, especially leafy greens, but kale? Yeah nah. Especially as none of the idiots promoting it in Australia seem to understand that kale is a winter leafy green from Europe and it needs frost to sweeten it and make it edible.

I come from a long matriarchal line of British gardeners :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sounds rough I know but are there any other Melbournians wishing the case numbers in Sydney would hurry the heck up and get past our peak number already?
It sucked to be the laughing stock of the country for so long for being the best at this Covid getting business so while I wish it on no one it would be nice to not be the country fuck ups anymore.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Sounds rough I know but are there any other Melbournians wishing the case numbers in Sydney would hurry the heck up and get past our peak number already?
No doubt Gladys is fudging the numbers so that we keep that title

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i only just read the orders and realised the curfew is only for half of sydney. thats only going to breed resentment and lack of compliance. doesnt cover macquarie street so they still dont get it

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
And now Dan's talking up stricter restrictions if we don't get things going the right way.
Anecdotal - just this morning I stopped at the servo, 3 others filled up and went in and paid with no mask and no sign in. One of them was in a car with another worker. Close to half the people I see with masks are wearing them on their chin or dicknosing. When I walk in to some offices, people will quickly put on the mask they weren't previously wearing. I've personally seen ~10 cars with multiple people in them not wearing masks.

Restrictions need to be harsh because we're not listening. We won't come out of this if we don't do what we're told (deliberately not using "do the right thing" because you shouldn't have to believe in it to comply). If we do it right and take it seriously, we're out in a matter of weeks. If we take the piss and do what we want, we're in it for the long haul

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anecdotal - just this morning I stopped at the servo, 3 others filled up and went in and paid with no mask and no sign in. One of them was in a car with another worker. Close to half the people I see with masks are wearing them on their chin or dicknosing. When I walk in to some offices, people will quickly put on the mask they weren't previously wearing. I've personally seen ~10 cars with multiple people in them not wearing masks.

Restrictions need to be harsh because we're not listening. We won't come out of this if we don't do what we're told (deliberately not using "do the right thing" because you shouldn't have to believe in it to comply). If we do it right and take it seriously, we're out in a matter of weeks. If we take the piss and do what we want, we're in it for the long haul

Planko for PM!

moorey

call me Mia

My metro mates are reporting serious agro on the streets of Northcote/Preston. His business has been royally fucked since day one, but he’s stood strong. The anger and apathy he’s seeing now, scares him.

stirk

Burner
My metro mates are reporting serious agro on the streets of Northcote/Preston. His business has been royally fucked since day one, but he’s stood strong. The anger and apathy he’s seeing now, scares him.
The aggro will intensify when restrictions are lifted for fully vaccinated people. The folks who are merely waiting to get theirs will feel let down and excluded for no fault of their own and the anti-vaxxers well they can go f themselves.

I do wonder if society and venues will open up to anti-vaxxers. They should Annex the northern Rivers region around Byron Bay and wall themselves in.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Same. A lot of division between mask wearers and non mask wearers, almost pick a side! and general Agro like you say. The teenagers are running riot with fireworks. Little pricks set them off at the footy oval yesterday near people to get a reaction and set grass on fire, they shot off in all directions, scared the crap out of everyone and about 20dogs just scattered. I saw red mist and took off after them. Pretty glad they left the old man in their dust.
Worn out. Little to No patience left. I’m staying the course, but f&$k it is hard.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Yep, compliance has completely collapsed around where I am in the last week. People seemingly used to take pride in doing the right thing. Run I went on yesterday I noticed probably about 60% wearing masks, down from near on 100% for weeks.
Been seeing a bit of that too.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yep, compliance has completely collapsed around where I am in the last week. People seemingly used to take pride in doing the right thing. Run I went on yesterday I noticed probably about 60% wearing masks, down from near on 100% for weeks.
I definitely think the onset of Spring has contributed. People are absolutely milking the "unless when exercising" mask exemption for their lazy afternoon strolls along the Maribyrnong.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm in Melrose, 250km North of Adelaide, every person standing at the bar has masks on ordering food or drinks and those who are standing there, people walk in with masks on, staff all wearing masks. When they sit down with a drink, most take the masks off, some don't until they take a gulp. Check in asked about and sometimes people asked to verify... we don't have any Vid yet.

Adelaide is pretty much the same.

Few bad eggs but that's just life.