COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
Even previously sane people here in vic are now starting to crack and say 'Fuck it! I' did the right thing, now this!'. I don't think there was an option, but I fear this is the straw that might break the camels back. :(
I had maybe 30% of my FB friends blocked or muted already. This is going to increase today. I have no more time for the people spreading information and encouraging others to ignore the lockdown.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Even previously sane people here in vic are now starting to crack and say 'Fuck it! I' did the right thing, now this!'. I don't think there was an option, but I fear this is the straw that might break the camels back. :(
I had maybe 30% of my FB friends blocked or muted already. This is going to increase today. I have no more time for the people spreading information and encouraging others to ignore the lockdown.
And this won’t be the last lockdown by any means. So it’s only going to get worse. How is going to be at lockdown 10? They really really need to get more vaccines into people. Fuck Scotty and his “this is not a race” bullshit. Did so much damage that and the whole AZ mixed messages causing even more hesitation.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
And this won’t be the last lockdown by any means. So it’s only going to get worse. How is going to be at lockdown 10? They really really need to get more vaccines into people...
The vaccines will help but we're seeing disturbing data coming out of places like America that a high amount of vaccination doesn't mean you can drop all restrictions without serious consequences for community health and the health care system.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The vaccines will help but we're seeing disturbing data coming out of places like America that a high amount of vaccination doesn't mean you can drop all restrictions without serious consequences for the community health and the health care system.
Absolutely. It will help but people will need to understand it’s not the golden answer. We have a long long way to go and people need to get on board but, people are people.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Also, the more people infected, the higher the chance that we get new strains that are either more deadly, more contagious, vaccine resistant or all of the above.

As an aside, I had my second dose of Pfizer a couple of days ago and didn't seem to experience much in the way of side effects. Just a sore arm like the first time around.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But his mate covered up sexual assault/abuse. That's a tick for a huge part of the electorate.
its hard to keep track these days. is this his mentor who covered up paedophiles, his friendly neighbour who refuses to stop strip searching minors as he wants those kids afraid of police, or the alleged rapist who is so innocent he went to great lengths to avoid defending the allegations then got promoted to speaker of the house?

can you judge a man by the company he keeps?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Vaccines will decrease the damage when you catch covid, not stop the spread of covid.
This and

Absolutely. It will help but people will need to understand it’s not the golden answer. We have a long long way to go and people need to get on board but, people are people.
This. People think once we are vaccinated we go back to our lives previously. That is long gone. We have to learn to live this shit of a thing and vaccination is part of the answer but social distance, masks etc are also part of it until such time it has stopped but I fear people are tired of it and we will see still spread for a long time yet.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep, the placate the public "you can do whatever you want once we're all vaccinated" messaging really isn't going to help down the track when it turns out all it really does is slow the rate of infections and reduce/eliminate symptoms in those vaccinated.

Then like @SummitFever says, the fun really begins.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Vaccines will decrease the damage when you catch covid, not stop the spread of covid.
On a basic level it will also help with transmission too no? If you are less likely to become actively sick when vacced then there’s less likelyhood of someone coughing and sneezing all over the place and spreading it. So in that sense it will help to slow the spread. If I understand it correctly.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
its hard to keep track these days. is this his mentor who covered up paedophiles, his friendly neighbour who refuses to stop strip searching minors as he wants those kids afraid of police, or the alleged rapist who is so innocent he went to great lengths to avoid defending the allegations then got promoted to speaker of the house?

Jeez you guys have some lofty standards. His two predecessors Tony Abbott and John Howard were good mates with an 'actual' convicted paedophile.
This is progress in action, people! It might be slow but at least it's in the right direction...

moorey

call me Mia

TLDR, but yes.