COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
This is a really horrible thing to say - I wonder if this has not effected enough people?
What I mean is no one I have personal contact with has been diagnosed or knows anyone that was diagnosed or knows anyone that has died from Covid. I wonder if for a lot of people it still feels like something that isn't really anything to do with them?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
900 South Aussies have entered Tassie since last Monday, 9th Nov.
All 900 ordered self quarantine for 2 weeks :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
This is a really horrible thing to say - I wonder if this has not effected enough people?
What I mean is no one I have personal contact with has been diagnosed or knows anyone that was diagnosed or knows anyone that has died from Covid. I wonder if for a lot of people it still feels like something that isn't really anything to do with them?
Exactly my parents feelings....they don't know anyone personally affected, so it seems like everyone else's problem, and just an inconvenience to them.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've privately wondered whether this virus's biggest threat has been its initially high recovery rate encouraging total complacency for many. I reckon if it was a 10% fatality rate people would be shitting themselves.

The irony is with all the long term health complications and all the other stuff coming to light it may well end up having that kind of morbidity.

ozzybmx

Missus has just come back from Marion Shopping Centre, says it all gone hand sanitiser and cleaners wearing masks wiping down trolleys and surfaces.

On the flip side, this has started the great poo roll panic, every trolley leaving Coles or Woolies has at least 1 mega shit paper pack on top.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Missus has just come back from Marion Shopping Centre, says it all gone hand sanitiser and cleaners wearing masks wiping down trolleys and surfaces.

On the flip side, this has started the great poo roll panic, every trolley leaving Coles or Woolies has at least 1 mega shit paper pack on top.
That has been Melbourne BAU for a while now. Surely we just go to masks indoors, sanitiser and clean stuff a lot, across any state with one or more cases for the foreseeable future. Sure beats ending up like Europe and the Americas.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck people! Do you really think we can trust enough Australians to do the right thing? Of course we can't. With our attitude (as mentioned above by a few people) towards doing the right thing and personal hygeine it is amazing our authorities have been able to keep this shit show under control as well as they have.

ozzybmx

Restrictions are go !

South Australia has announced all inbound international flights will be suspended, people will be asked to work from home, gyms will be shut and community sport cancelled.

Home gatherings will also be restricted to 10 peoples, funerals capped at 50 people and hospitality venues will have caps on patrons reimposed from midnight on Monday.

moorey

call me Mia
Good move; can't help but feel like the relatively slow reaction in Vic when cases started picking up played a big part in how out of control it got and therefore how long it took to reign in.
The issue was it was out of control before it was identified. SA may be in the same boat if the numbers do what I fear over the next 10 days :(

ozzybmx

Good move; can't help but feel like the relatively slow reaction in Vic when cases started picking up played a big part in how out of control it got and therefore how long it took to reign in.
Yes, absolutely !

The issue was it was out of control before it was identified. SA may be in the same boat if the numbers do what I fear over the next 10 days :(
We had that scare from the 3 Melbourne arrivals a while back, visiting schools and the 2 'aunties' that worked in 2 different nursing homes. That was stamped out pretty quickly.

I'm pretty hopeful this scare and quick lockdown will do the same.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah definitely, but it took us more than 24h to up the ante on it - and when we did it was a handful of post codes only, then those post codes plus some high rises, then finally the rest of us after we’d had 2 weeks of swanning about assuming we were all good because we didn’t live as part of big immigrant families in the north west suburbs.

Anyway, point was; good luck South Australia s I hope this is relatively co fined and that the rapid response is enough to nip it in the bud.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Encouraging: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11...irus-sa-premier-steven-marshall-says/12890238

From the looks of it (and it's probably way too early to tell but internet) it looks like a lower "level" of infection or whatever. Enough to infect everyone in the original spreader's family due to sustained close proximity under one roof, but not powerful enough to kick off a contagion everywhere those secondary infections went.

ozzybmx

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We're all FFS here it comes...
Mrs George and I were like that when we saw a school kid interviewed on the ABC news last night. It went "Yeah, he's been crook all week, coughing and sneezing everywhere."

FFS, not only did the parents not do anything, the school completely missed it too.