COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
SA hitting a road bump.

An old woman in her 80s tests positive. Finds the daughter works in a quarantine hotel and is also pos, son in law also pos, works in Yatala prison.

Other family members also positive now...

We may become the new naughty corner.
Come on you lot! Pull it together. You bragged at us for months!!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Come on you lot! Pull it together. You bragged at us for months!!!
We didn't really, we thought to ourselves 'f#%k those pompous VIC c#%ts' but actually prayed it got to where it is now.

We then imagined if VIC was good and it was another state that was coronavirus ridden, what would VIC say ;)

So we still think you are pompous cun#s.

Complacency is going to hurt any state, this is another QH worker who has spread it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Fack. Really hope Health authorities contain it or we may be looking at a lockdown for Christmas.

Still don’t get why medi hotel staff can return home after a shift. Surely that’s asking for trouble.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We didn't really, we thought to ourselves 'f#%k those pompous VIC c#%ts' but actually prayed it got to where it is now.

We then imagined if VIC was good and it was another state that was coronavirus ridden, what would VIC say ;)

So we still think you are pompous cun#s.

Complacency is going to hurt any state, this is another QH worker who has spread it.
What Vic would say? WHAT VIC WOULD SAY??

I'd say your filthy fuckers are putting my Christmas holidays in jeopardy!

If that happens I'll go catch Covid myself.

Sure as hell not staying at home with Mrs George if she's not able to get over there to see her family

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Fack. Really hope Health authorities contain it or we may be looking at a lockdown for Christmas.

Still don’t get why medi hotel staff can return home after a shift. Surely that’s asking for trouble.
What's the alternative? If you work in a medi hotel you have to stay in the hotel bubble indefinitely? Can't see too many people signing on for that gig.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
What's the alternative? If you work in a medi hotel you have to stay in the hotel bubble indefinitely? Can't see too many people signing on for that gig.
Yeah, it’s a tricky one, is there regular testing of staff, you would hope there is. I guess it’s a risk Health auth have to take.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
watching the SA outbreak with great interest - its near to my family and we're set to drive over and stay up in the hills in a few weeks.
still have a couple weeks to cancel accommodation at least..

Jpez

Down on the left!
Totally feel for all you guys if they can’t get a lid on this but I imagine they’ve taken a few key lessons from our clusterfuck here in Melbourne so hopefully should be able to reign it in.
But gotta say I’m glad it’s not us Victorians in the news headlines this time.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Money solves a lot of problems like this.
Sure, throw money at the training, the PPE and give the workers a hardship allowance on top of their salaries. However to really lower the risk, workers would have to stay completely in the bubble, but they can't do that indefinitely. You could move to an exaggerated FIFO style roster of staff, where they do say two weeks on, and three or four off but then there's still the issue that when they are off they come into contact with their family, and with the previous two weeks of potential continuous exposure they are likely more risky. As was shown in Melbourne and now in Radelaide it only takes one...