Search results

1. Ezkaton

Michelin Wild Enduro issue [Warranty?]

Gents! Prior to unloading the bike at Bright yesterday, I happened to noticed my front tyre (Michelin Wild Enduro as per the thread title) had developed a nice ring of cracking most of the way around the tyre between the sidewall and side knobs. I bought this front/rear set in July 2020...
  2. Ezkaton

Sold Endura Hummvee II Shorts - Black XXL

Item: Endura Hummvee II Shorts - Black XXL Location: Frankston, Victoria Item Condition: One pair new, still in bag. One pair tried on but never used - also back in bag. Reason for selling: Too big! Price and price conditions: $100 shipped domestically, $90 pickup/meetup in SE suburbs or...
  3. Ezkaton

Shorts - The struggle is real

Evening Gents (mostly), I've been using a few pairs of Endura Hummvee shorts for the last 8 years or so. Between riding, hiking, work use and casual use they've held up well aside from a pocket hole or two and a munted zip... until last week when one split right up the ass after crouching...
  4. Ezkaton

VIC Hans Dampf Super Gravity TrailStar

Item: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity Trailstar (or Pacestar) Location: Melbourne, VIC Item Condition: Very good to new/unused Price and price conditions: Up to 40 smackaz Extra Info: After 3.5 years my Schwobbbbbbbbles need replacing. I've still got a spare MM and I'm looking for an older...
  5. Ezkaton

Sick Bicycle Co. - "Gnarpoon"

Check out this absolute monster. Sick Bicycle Co. have hit the nail on the head with this, I reckon. It looks immense! I really love my Pole (so does ya Mum, hurr-hurr), and I'm completely sold on 'new school geo'. I honestly can't imagine riding a 'regular' MTB again. Some people aren't...
  6. Ezkaton

Rotorburn Ridebros Tasmania

Ladies... So after a ride with Born-Again-Biker out at Derby last Sunday, we had a chat about the few Tassie riders around and how it'd be good to gather them all up into one place for organising group rides at Derby, Maydena or any of the smaller spots around. I created a Bookface group for...
  7. Ezkaton

Sold Hope Direct Mount stem

Item: Hope Direct Mount stem Location: Bundoora/Melbourne Item Condition: Great. Reason for selling: Don't need it, dismantled the DH bike. Price and price conditions: $60 - can post at buyer's expense Extra Info: 50mm, takes 31.8mm bars
  8. Ezkaton

Sold Shimano Saint M825 cranks

Item: Shimano Saint M825 crank Location: Bundoora/Melbourne Item Condition: Shuttle marks from crank holders on the non-drive side, as expected for a DH crank, otherwise pretty good. Detail in photos below. Reason for selling: Dismantled the DH bike. These don't suit my other frame, or I'd be...
  9. Ezkaton

Schwalbe Addix

Yo. Any Schwalbe bros here who are now on Addix Compound tyres? I'm still on the older Super Gravity TrailStar tyres... The same set I've been on since 2015. They've been great across 3 different frames. The Magic Mary front is still almost perfect, but the Hans Dampf on the rear is *just*...
  10. Ezkaton

Moving to Tasmania for bikes!

Ladies! So, I'm moving to Tasmania... I have been offered 'full time equivalent' hours at Maydena Bike Park. My partner and I chose to try and be there before Easter Weekend, and as such have booked a boat for March 24th. The hard part: Finding a house. We've been looking around the New...
  11. Ezkaton

Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

Frame: Headset - Cane Creek Forty Bottom Bracket - Hope Stainless Steel - Purple Seat clamp - Hope bolt clamp - Purple Chainstay protection - Inner tube... but I have a SLAP ME HARD protector coming from Production Privee. ;) Suspension: Shock - RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Fork - Manitou Mattoc...
  12. Ezkaton

AM Ragley MmmBop - The Hanson Brother From Another Mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE Completed build. More images on Page 3. Well... now that's out of the way... Snagged the 2017 MmmBop frame in XL from CRC for 300 bucks to tide me over while I'm between FS bikes. Sold the large 2014 Spitfire frame I was using, and...
  13. Ezkaton

Pole Bikes - Evolink

So, with my L Spitfire frame sold... and a 2 month wait for a 2017 XL, I've been toying with the idea of another frame out of curiosity. Something... different from the crowd. Something I've never even seen in Australia before. Pinkbike's Evolink 140 review from the beginning of the month...
  14. Ezkaton

VIC SOLD - 2014 Banshee Spitfire - Large - Black

Item: 2014 Banshee Spitfire V2 frame - Large - Ano Black. Location: Bundoora/Melbourne, Vic. Item Condition: Excellent, some minor anodizing scuffs on the top tube, and chain slap marks on the inside of the seat stay. Reason for selling: Making the move to a 2017 XL frame due to...
  15. Ezkaton

Lower back pain on the trail bike.

WERD. So after more than a year and a half of riding my large Spitfire and dealing with lower back pain... at Thredbo on the weekend it was suggested I should try an XL frame. I'm 6'3 and the fit and feel is good on the large for the most part pedalling around, but I guess I do feel like my...
  16. Ezkaton

Banshee 2017

I kinda liked the more... 'agricultural', old-school styling of Banshee frames, but the hydroformed streamlining done on the 2017 frames is pretty nice too! Apparently making the move to hydroformed tubing is saving nearly half a kilo of frame weight. Especially liking the new, simpler...
  17. Ezkaton

VIC [SOLD] GripSport Hi-Ride DH bike rack - 2 bike [non-tilty]

Item: GripSport Hi-Ride DH bike rack - 2 bike. Location: Bundoora, Melbourne. Item Condition: Very good, had it less than a year. Has a few paint scratches and chips from the hoops and hooks living in the boot of my old car (example images below), otherwise everything is awesome. Reason for...
  18. Ezkaton

VIC Banshee AMP frame - LONG

Gents, Toying with the idea of doing up a DJ/pump/street/skatepark bike to hone those jumping and pumping skills a little better and have my eyes set on a Banshee AMP frame. Chasing one down (especially in a color of my liking) seems to be the hard part. So I decided it might be cool to grab a...
  19. Ezkaton

Why do you like riding MTB?

On my way down to check my boss' work PO BOX this morning, I was left with some time to wander into thought while enjoying the warmth of the sun... and I began thinking about why I like riding. Or more specifically, riding MTB. Doesn't matter if you're a casual rider, weekend warrior, racer...
  20. Ezkaton

Manitou Dorado (2014) seal kit

Ladies. Seals on my Dorado are forked (lol), and are leaking fluid all over my floor... I kinda want to buy a replacement seal kit locally but I'm struggling to find somewhere that actually carries stock. Anyone using a Dorado here that has experience with obtaining seals without resorting to...