Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Frame:
Headset - Cane Creek Forty
Bottom Bracket - Hope Stainless Steel - Purple
Seat clamp - Hope bolt clamp - Purple
Chainstay protection - Inner tube... but I have a SLAP ME HARD protector coming from Production Privee. ;)

Suspension:
Shock - RockShox Monarch Plus RC3
Fork - Manitou Mattoc Pro 27.5" @ 160mm (custom decal from Slik Graphics)

Cockpit:
Handlebars - Deity CZ38 Signature - Black/White
Stem - Hope AM/FR, 50mm - Purple
Grips - ODI Rogue w/Hope Grip Doctor bar ends - Purple
Saddle - SDG Ti-Fly
Seatpost - KS LEV, 150mm w/Southpaw lever
Front brake - Shimano Saint M820
Rear brake - Shimano Saint M820
Shifter - Shimano XT M8000
Top cap - Hope Head Doctor - Black
Steerer spacers - Hope Space Doctor - Black

Drivetrain:
Cranks - Shimano XT M785 w/Hope 34t NW ring - Black
Chainguide - 77 Designz top guide w/77Designz 34t crash plate - Black
Chain - KMC X11 - Black/Silver
Pedals - Hope F20 - Purple
Derailleur - Shimano XT, M8000 Shadow+ 11sp, mid-cage
Cassette - Shimano XT M8000 11sp, 11-42t

Wheels:
Wheelset - Hope TechEnduro 27..5" - Purple SP hubs
Rotors - Shimano RT86, 203mm front/rear
Tyres - Schwalbe Magic Mary Super Gravity front, Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity rear

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
So, the build is roughly 95% complete...

Ran into a few troubles along the way though!

Pole only supply *just* enough cable routing frame grommets to accommodate a full SRAM build with an internally routed dropper post, despite having frame holes and guides for better cable routing to Shimano derailleurs and external dropper posts.

They also don't supply bolts to fill in the SIX, yes SIX holes for the THREE, yes THREE bottle mounting positions.
Mental! So I'm gonna try source some of those, as I'm not entirely comfortable with dirt, water, and whatever else getting inside the frame.
Yeah there's drainage for it, but dirt plus water is gonna be hard to get rid of eventually.

I got more cable/frame grommets, so that's cool. I just need to source some bolts to fill in all those bottle cage mounting holes along the down tube.

Throughout the build process, I discovered I will need to get a new chain, rear brake hose and shifter cable outer (got a spare inner already), as the ones that came off the Ragley frame/build were not long enough - but that was expected. I also discovered that the frame, while accommodating both 142 and 148mm rear hubs, is really designed for 148mm, and as such, the rear brake mount needs to be spaced inward a bit... so I need to figure that out too.

For aesthetic purposes, I'd really like to be able to run the stem in a lower position, but as it stands, even with 38mm rise bars, it's quite low... and is actually pretty much bang on in terms of comfort.

But, alas, here is an in progress pic for the time being - for anybody interested.

I'll probably change out the brakes in time, but the XT will do for now.
Ideally I'd have liked to try running a Coil CS paired with a Helm Coil up front, along with some Spank Oozy 395+ rims... but... funds are required elsewhere, so I'm just using what I've got.

slowmick

38-39"
Wow - that is a very big black pole you have there sir. it looks VERY long. - lots of bike behind you.

Hope you can find a rear brake line long enough. My enduro is the least worse solution for the rear brake with th stupid loop under the bottom bracket.

looking forward to a ride report.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Standard Shimano 1700mm hose was fine, I ended up cutting about 200mm off!

Finished the build not too long ago and had a quick ride around on the street.

I can definitely feel there's more bike behind me and it's noticeably more difficult to pull the front up... But I can only imagine these are things to adapt to as I get used to the bike.

Rear end feels super plush, I've never ridden on a Monarch Plus before. I'm hoping to maybe get out in the morning for a proper spin at You Yangs for a couple hours.

First ride report to come asap, and full review after a few rides... I'd like to get myself adjusted to the geometry and general size of this limousine!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So much purple anno...it must be pretty light?

Any chance you have a photo of the frame before building it? I'd love to see that linkage set up unobstructed.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yay. Anno is coming back! It'll be interesting to see how fairs. What tracks do you mostly ride?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
So much purple anno...it must be pretty light?

Any chance you have a photo of the frame before building it? I'd love to see that linkage set up unobstructed.
Light, no! The full build is about 15kg.
I like a bike to be burly though. :)

I don't have any frame close ups pre-build, but there's plenty of linkage shots around online. If none of them tickle your fancy I'll try get a clear close up from the non drive side?

Yay. Anno is coming back! It'll be interesting to see how fairs. What tracks do you mostly ride?
Mostly find myself at You Yangs, I'd probably use Cressy as my initial test track as it has a bit of everything, feature wise, but is also nice and quick toward the bottom. Turbulence second!

looks weird man..........

whats the wheelbase?
Let's just say it's over 1300mm... Haha.
It does (did?) look weird, but a friend posted his new Banshee Rune to me yesterday and after adjusting to how the Pole looks, his Rune looked like a cramped XC bike.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
I would absolutely love to touch your pole....
Why not run the dropper with mount on the drive side to shorten/clean the housing run?:rolleyes: