Shorts - The struggle is real

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Evening Gents (mostly),

I've been using a few pairs of Endura Hummvee shorts for the last 8 years or so.

Between riding, hiking, work use and casual use they've held up well aside from a pocket hole or two and a munted zip... until last week when one split right up the ass after crouching down...

Now I'm noticing the others are expecting a similar fate in the not too distant future.

I'm in the market for baggy-ish shorts that sit below the knee, but the current trend seems to be (at least from images I see), largely above the knee shorts.

This is no-no territory for me.

So! I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for black shorts, primarily for bike use obviously but with casual functionality. I'm also 6'3 and not all manufacturers cater for a height increase with larger waist widths.

I bought some Loose Riders Sessions shorts recently... Their size chart sucks so I took a gamble but they're too fitted and short for my liking (size 36 if anyone wants to buy them, haha).

Most other shorts I find are either too much or too little in the design and functionality, or don't list length in the size charts. I considered the Hummvee 2 shorts, but they don't really don't tickle my pickle.

What are people rocking these days that might align my wenis with the stars?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Ground Effect in NZ do some long shorts, or short longs. They have a few different styles. Good Quality gear too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tell us again how you dont like long shorts ozzybmx.
I dont dislike them for others, I just have that old roadie element where its above my knee... I don't wear just 'lycra' anymore, always a pair of bike packing shorts even on the gravel bikes now days, its a bit more social... It's never a good thing to only have 1 layer of lycra between your cock and your mates eyes :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
8 years is good going for riding shorts, I would be more inclined to buy again. I usually tear the rear out of TLD's and Fox shorts with in a year and a half.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
These looked alright until I noticed no normal front pockets!

Ground Effect in NZ do some long shorts, or short longs. They have a few different styles. Good Quality gear too.
These are hard to gauge. White background and no zoom ability makes it hard to see the shorts in detail, and the dude in the video looks like a dork and it's off putting. Hahaha. I'd also like zipped front pockets if I can... I've loved the security of this on the Endura.

Legs appear a little too slim, and I'm not into Velcro tabs as a waist adjustment.

8 years is good going for riding shorts, I would be more inclined to buy again. I usually tear the rear out of TLD's and Fox shorts with in a year and a half.
I'd love to buy again, but the original Hummvee have been superceded and are no longer made. :(

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Best fitting shorts I ever owned were some Netti equalizer shorts from about 10 or 15 years ago. I picked them up at rebel sport and still have a pair. I have stiched them up many times and they are just threadbare now. They need to be thrown out but I keep saying one more ride and then one more ride.

I have enduro humvees at the moment and they are a tiny bit baggy for me but fit my waist of ok.
I only ever pick up shorts on sale as I am not sure if they will fit my weird shape body and lack of ass.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHaRCO are great shorts. But they are sized to fit skinny Instagram kids. I’m slim and 6’3 and they are perfect length but are way too tight. Next size up are too oversized. There sizing is up the duff.
100% this. I bought a pair and whilst I'm large I'm not super hefty and they fit like board shorts.
I actually find them too loose in the waist even at the "right" size and then super tight on the thigh.

Avoid, given what you're after.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
@Ezkaton The current supertankers are a well made short. They made them more of a trim fit than the previous version, so you should be able to wear them with a liner, but probably not with armour shorts underneath. you might have to size up if you want to do that. they do still have belt loops AFAIK.
**if you want some close-up pics of the supertankers, message me. I have the XL size ones.

Troy lee Ruckus are good. one front zip pocket, and a weird change/stash pocket(??) on the rear waist band. I think I have the size 38 from a couple of years ago (urban camo pattern)

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If those shorts get any longer, you are going to need an ankle bracelet ;)

Or a pair of over the knee stripy Marino socks like the 3 Canadians I met were wearing.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I bought some Rocday shorts in bright and the fit really well in waist and length for my size 34.