VIC Banshee AMP frame - LONG

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Gents,

Toying with the idea of doing up a DJ/pump/street/skatepark bike to hone those jumping and pumping skills a little better and have my eyes set on a Banshee AMP frame.
Chasing one down (especially in a color of my liking) seems to be the hard part.

So I decided it might be cool to grab a second hand frame, strip and repaint it like I did with my DH bike... if the paintwork isn't already nice and of acceptable color.

Anyone in the know as to where I could grab an AMP frame cheap, or does anyone have one lying around they aren't really using?

Thanks!

Item: Banshee AMP frame - Long
Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to $600
Extra Info: Prefer 2012 onwards for the tapered head tube.

EDIT: Template before someone goes bananas.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Gents,

Toying with the idea of doing up a DJ/pump/street/skatepark bike to hone those jumping and pumping skills a little better and have my eyes set on a Banshee AMP frame.
Chasing one down (especially in a color of my liking) seems to be the hard part.

So I decided it might be cool to grab a second hand frame, strip and repaint it like I did with my DH bike... if the paintwork isn't already nice and of acceptable color.

Anyone in the know as to where I could grab an AMP frame cheap, or does anyone have one lying around they aren't really using?

Thanks!
Good luck finding one cheap, I've been looking, halfheartedly, for a while. They seem to be a bike that gets held onto. Missing link have two newies in stock http://www.missinglinkbikes.com.au/#!product-page/csi5/51080fb0-f3eb-154a-a4e7-0b1de1d40426

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just a reminder, these things are super low, awesome for stumparses like me, but ain't you 6' eleventy hundred"?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
6'3, but have read the 'long' frame is good for anyone 6ft+... Not really a bike I planned to be sitting around and pedalling on.

The second pic looks awesome Tom, despite having brake rotors and no brakes...

I was thinking of building one up single speed with just a rear brake. Like my old BMX in the '90s!

Saw the one on Missing Link earlier, but $900 is a bit much. Was hoping for more around the 500 mark, with a bit of leeway.

Found one in Portugal for ~$600 AUD before shipping in yellow/blue but Australia wasn't in the list of countries they ship to (despite the list being quite extensive).

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate is 6'7 and rides a long amp for DJ duties. I think you'll be OK

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I told Ideate to tell him about this earlier in the day too.....I wonder who on here will snipe him now you've posted that up :behindsofa:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I wouldnt mind swapping. However I cant be bothered pulling myn apart snd rebuilding it

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
Teal.......? Reminds me too much of the Yeti days.

I was actually just yanking dazza's chain.

#hastag