Search results

1. M

2017 Trek Fuel EX carbon - crappy ISCG tab workmanship - Other owners opinions

Hi, Just want to check whether anyone else has noticed this on 2017 carbon treks, basically crappy workmanship from the factory, looks like the ISCG tab was installed after frame painting then ground down by a 5 year old with a die grinder, at first it looks like dropped chain damage but...
  2. M

Help finding a frame mounted pump to fit bike with fat downtube (2017 Trek Fuel)

Hi, Yes i'm probably a dinosaur but I like to carry a frame mounted pump when i'm not racing and for local rides I don't like to carry a Camelbak, etc so it's nice to have my essentials attached to the frame. Trouble is that my new Trek Fuel EX has a very fat and square downtube so my...
  3. M

1x10 setup with narrow wide ring breaking chains?

Hi All, I have a weird problem with one of my bikes which I can't find an obvious explanation for and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The problem is occurring on a single pivot frame running a 1x10 drive train with a wolf tooth 32t ring, XT clutched rear derailleur on SLX...
  4. M

The red and black monster - Another Craft works FRX

Had a build thread a while back, but here she is a few months on. I only just went from revelations to the pikes and there's no comparison. I'm happy with the way she's performing now but will probably consider getting a higher rise bar and stem with rise soon so I can cut down the steerer a...
  5. M

NSW Sold

Sold! Item: Rockshox revelation RLT 26" 150mm Dual-Air 15mm maxle Location: Sydney, NSW Item Condition: Few marks and scratches, nothing too nasty. No poploc remote. Reason for selling: Bought pikes :) Price and price conditions: $SOLD Extra Info: Tapered steerer, 209mm Pictures: The flash...
  6. M

WTB: Small-Medium 100-120mm 26" XC/Trail duallie frame w/tapered head tube

Item. Small-Medium full suspension 100-120mm 26" xc/trail frame, something like a Giant trance, Scott spark, Merida one-twenty with intermediate geometry would be ideal. Condition. Somewhere between working and immaculate Location. NSW Price. Edit:<$500 would be nice, but that might just be...
  7. M

FOUND Rock shox maxle lever assembly - Ironbarks, Blue mountains NP Glenbrook

Found: 1x Black Rock Shox Lever assembly that appears to be intact and from the end of a maxle. Location: Ironbarks fire trail, Blue mountains national park - Glenbrook When: 14th August 2014
  8. M

Fork servicing - could I bribe someone to teach me (Sydney)

Hi RBers, Forks and shocks are the only things I don't service on my bikes, I was hoping I could bribe someone to walk me through the process, I've got a set of fox F-series I want to service for now and use for a practice run, in future I have a set of revelations a monarch and a RP2 shock...
  9. M

Can a dual position rock shox fork (Pike/Revelation) be lowered?

Hi RBers, Was wondering is a dual position rock shox fork can be lowered, eg: 160mm dual position pike to 150mm in it's extended position. Cheers.
  10. M

Thoughts on my new trail bike build

Hi Rotorburners, Just wanted to ask for some input/criticism/harrassment on a new bike i'm thinking of building up, just general trail riding and the odd gravity enduro. Not much mention of these craftworks frames, couple of comments on these forums and the odd photo but not much else...
  11. M

Road trip south at the end of may, anyone want to ride for a few days?

I've got the last two weeks in may off work, so I'm going to throw the bike in the car and head south to ride some trails. I'm thinking of spending a couple of days in Tathra, maybe head to Stromlo, some other ACT trails and whatever takes my fancy really, might even head into victoria. If...
  12. M

AM Bike handling question

Hi, I've just built up my first AM bike, ghetto spec 2007 reign X (160mm), I've always ridden hardtails and normally ride a 2011 trance X (~130mm). I've noticed with the reign that it becomes hard to lean the bike in beyond a certain point, I guess it's around the 40 degree mark. I don't...
  13. M

Fox CTD shock lever throw question / using a front shifter to actuate CTD

Hi, I'm playing with the idea of adapting a front shifter to actuate the CTD function on a float CTD rear shock. Bought the shock without the lever, and it's a big expensive POS anyway. If someone has one of these shocks could you take a measurement of the throw of the lever for me? and...
  14. M

AM '07 Reign X1 build

Just started building up a play bike for something a little different to my trance and possibly a little faster for Enduro races. Picked up an old bog stock '07 Reign X1 in decent condition and at a hefty 17.1Kg. I'm hoping to get this fat bastard down to an uphillable 14.5 KG ish. So far...
  15. M

[XC, ~AM] My '11 Trance X2

This was my first dually. I bought it new in 2011 and I still love this bike, used for daily trail riding, Marathons and Gravity Enduro with the same setup. When I bought this all my mates were on XC race bikes and I wanted something which could take a little more punishment. It's had a few...
  16. M

MTB road trip planning for early 2014, suggestions?

I'm thinking of doing an MTB road trip from Sydney in early 2014, and trying to work out a list where to go and what trails to ride. I've probably got two full weeks to play with. I ride XC, AM, Trail type stuff and would consider doing longer rides, or overnighters too. I'm currently on my own...
  17. M

Rear derailleur cable drag, Giant trance X. Could use some advice

Hi Guys, My 2011 trance has always had issues with drag on the RD cable, there's some ghost shifting as well which may be related. I've replaced inners and outers, relube frequently and changed some of the housing lengths. I also currently have a new rear derailleur and a near new shifter. It...
  18. M

FOUND Multi tool at Hornsby, Morning 10th Feb

Hi, Found multi tool at Hornsby today 10/2, on the first descent down from Quarry road. Send me a description of you lost one and i'll let you know if it's yours, and get it to you somehow. Cheers, Mick.
  19. M

Giant trance X2 - Fox R32 F125 travel problem or question (The answer will decide)

Hi People, I've noticed that I can't use up all the travel in my forks, on my giant trance X2, regardless of the air pressure setting. I think I remember that I used to occasionally bottom them out (Could be wrong), but now even with big hits there's about 25-30mm at the top of the...
  20. M

My Experience with coaching - Australian Mountain Bike Clinics

Hi Everyone, Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I recently did some one on one MTB coaching with one of the trainers, Owen Dunne from Australian mountain bike clinics, and I though i'd give a little review. I've just started doing some XC racing over the last 12 months...