Can a dual position rock shox fork (Pike/Revelation) be lowered?

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Hi RBers,

Was wondering is a dual position rock shox fork can be lowered, eg: 160mm dual position pike to 150mm in it's extended position.

Cheers.

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure recent Rockshox air-sprung forks cannot be lowered from their original travel (or positions in the case of dual position adjust) without changing the air shaft itself to the travel you desire (140mm,150mm,130mm etc).

In the old days it was a matter of putting spacers on the shaft. Now they have a new air spring system in which a dimple is recessed into the stanchion, which regulates the pressure in the negative spring as the fork cycles. If you use spacers on the same travel air spring, it will bugger up this system and the fork won't ride properly (so I'm told)

EDIT: not sure if this hold true on the boxxers/totems/lyriks. Pretty sure it only applied to forks that used to have dual air springs like Sid/Reba/Revelation etc...

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
I faintly remember something about 'cutting' your air shaft somewhere. I dont think it will be long before custom ones are on offer though...

ChopSticks

Banned
I faintly remember something about 'cutting' your air shaft somewhere.
yeppp, has been done, think NoSkidMarks was the first on here to do it.... however im pretty sure it only applies to solo airs.....

and theres only a certain amount you can cut... as the thread on it runs out and you wont be able screw the bolt back on.

mint355

Likes Dirt
I faintly remember something about 'cutting' your air shaft somewhere. I dont think it will be long before custom ones are on offer though...
These custom ones you are talking about..... You can buy from sram and they have a part number too!!! This is for solo air only and takes about 15minutes to install
For eg: 11.4018.022.005 revelation 100mm air shaft.

Last edited: