Help finding a frame mounted pump to fit bike with fat downtube (2017 Trek Fuel)

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Yes i'm probably a dinosaur but I like to carry a frame mounted pump when i'm not racing and for local rides I don't like to carry a Camelbak, etc so it's nice to have my essentials attached to the frame.

Trouble is that my new Trek Fuel EX has a very fat and square downtube so my Lezyne and Older specialized pump brackets won't fit, they don't have enough offset, so the pump clips don't clear the downtube. Spacing up isn't an option either as the triangle is already barely large enough to get the bottle in and out of a side loading cage as it is and seat tube is a no go because of the dropper. Basically what I need is a mini pump with a bracket with plenty of offset.

The downtube has 33mm from the centre of the cage bolts to the edge.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I am with you. I dont carry my camelback on local rides esp in the heat.
Undo bolts then try tying the pump holder bracket w zipties thru the holes .

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You using a top or side mount cage? Easy to gain some room using a side mount cage. Or jersey pocket...
Few ideas: -
Lezyne flow HP cage - built in pump mount. I have one on my roadie and it is solid as
Seatpost mount CO2 - I have a sepcialized "air tool C02" which is a C02 and trigger, levers and patch. I also have a quick link and tyre boot in there, and it mounts on the fixed part of the dropper

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
You using a top or side mount cage? Easy to gain some room using a side mount cage. Or jersey pocket...
Few ideas: -
Lezyne flow HP cage - built in pump mount. I have one on my roadie and it is solid as
Seatpost mount CO2 - I have a sepcialized "air tool C02" which is a C02 and trigger, levers and patch. I also have a quick link and tyre boot in there, and it mounts on the fixed part of the dropper
Thanks for the suggestions.

rowdyflat, Not sure I understand what you mean by zip ties through the holes.

99FGT, I have to use a side mount cage on this frame as it is due to the small size of the front triangle, so that rules out gaining space that way and also eliminates the Lezyne cage which I love the idea of though the pump looks like it sits slightly below the mounting flange anyway, so I don't think that would solve the problem.

Will have another look at a CO2 holder, though unless i'm racing, I prefer a mini pump, just less wasteful, lighter and you're not so screwed if you bugger it up or need to make a small adjustment. Jersey pocket... In a pinch sure, but that's just one more thing to remember to grab on the way out the door, I'm already prone to forgetting my bike, glasses, helmet, shoes, mind and skill. :(

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a topeak f some description on my scott spark,not saying the tube profile is the same, but it's pretty wide and the pump fits fine. I remember when I went to fit it, thinking woa dont know if it will fit, but it did.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Electrical tape a pump on?

I find the no camelback in the heat thing interesting. My primary reason for a camelback is the water volume. Hence in summer camelback good, winter a bottle works.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
On my road bike I use a couple of those heavy red rubber bands. Over an end of the pump, around the frame and back over the end. Do the same top and bottom and it's not going anywhere.