Search results

1. hach_bee

The stupid questions thread.

Pics or it didn't happen :thumb: Sorry to be so late back!
  2. hach_bee

Nothing wrong with being proud of coming out the other side of something awful? Also awareness for helping eliminate the stigma too I suppose. The Black Dog thread here shows just how common these kind of issues can be, even here. Anyway, enough of the serious stuff and back to the fart...
  3. hach_bee

Actually separate from the hipster title, it's newly recognised as a strong link to those who have endured mental illness - having symbolised that they could have ended it and didn't... so rather important to some people, not really one I'd make fun of.
  4. hach_bee

HOW is it possible for Centrelink to send me two letters in two days demanding I repay a total of 5K from 6 years ago, without any evidence on said claim?? Here's the kicker, after arriving home from working interstate for nearly a month, I opened these the day after 'Due Date', yup they...
  5. hach_bee

NSW Sold

Thanks, still a touch out of my price range for now. Good luck!
  6. hach_bee

NSW Sold

Where abouts in Sydney are you mate?
  7. hach_bee

v8 supercars

NZ debrief: awesome performance by Pye and DJRTP the strategy really kept them where they needed to be! Unsure how McLauchlan fell back, his starts have been a little off this weekend... The HRT saga of course continues, with PRA starting to emulate a little! Waters initial contact chain...
  8. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Dozer, I love you dearly, but respectfully disagree. Reynolds is a douchebag who's just damn lucky Betty was out of options. He brings a solid fan base for sure, but the erebus cars aren't developed enough in their cycle to yield a championship just yet (and not likely for another couple of...
  9. hach_bee

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

Props to the garbos out there - saw the most talented driver in Surfers a couple of weeks back, jumping from apartment block to the next, tiny spaces and never missed a beat. Had to tell him I was that impressed, he seemed rather chuffed! Definitely an underrated job, I tip my hat to you...
  10. hach_bee

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

Project management in major events temporary infrastructure over here. Get to deal with some pretty awesome gigs (majority motorsport related, but I also do some concerts, NRL), get to do some pretty cool stuff for sure! Weekend before last below. But it certainly can have its shit...
  11. hach_bee

WA Sold sold sold

I thought this sold already!? Still beyond my means, but free bump for a gorgeous machine!
  12. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Sprint car circuits are in 95% of cases not holders of FIA/CAMS track licenses that these street circuits do. Very difference types of fencing! And much higher standards considering all the categories they need to be appropriate for. Quick infographic on the jumps for those interested :eyebrows:
  13. hach_bee

v8 supercars

There's very, VERY tight restrictions on where the jumps are allowed to be placed and various risk factors that determine locations. One of those trucks hitting the fence will do less damage than a v8 doing the same though. The illusion of risk is a high selling point though. On the SST's, check...
  14. hach_bee

Can I be fined for committing a road offense, as a cyclist, IF I'm not on a road? For context, I was riding whilst on the phone through a park and was pulled up and told I could have been fined $350 'just like any other road user'???
  15. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Yeah certainly, the word 'dangerous' is pretty up for interpretation. Street circuits by nature tend to leave a much smaller margin of error that can be got away with unscathed. I tend to think the event itself and the hype/culture/cult following nearly lend as much to the danger as the actual...
  16. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Dissipation of energy is referring to the energy required to take panels of the car, was energy NOT transferred into the internal structure/seat/driver etc. Legs/feet are inherently the worst part of the equation because so much movement is required. Ultimately drivers accept that a certain...
  17. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Wow I've missed a heap! Purely my opinion but it goes like this: If he had said it TO the girls, in a personal context, yes maybe they would have giggled at the joke. Because he said it ABOUT them TO the media as an audience, THAT is why it was so inappropriate. You've also got to consider...
  18. hach_bee

v8 supercars

See you there team! Also what the shit is up with all the tesla chat on RB lately?!?! Hahahah :llama: Two massive thumbs down to David Reynolds today. I've always thought he was a bit of a creep, but the comment referring to Gracie and De Silvestro's entry as the 'pussy wagon' was so far out...
  19. hach_bee

v8 supercars

Was a genuine FYI because it's the first year I've even found a company that allows more just than a simple 'win' bet. Just a bit of fun, not sure what the need was for the terrible english rewording...
  20. hach_bee

v8 supercars

So damn excited for bathurst day. I'll be on the couch cracking beers from 7am! Also, Gold Coast is creeping ever closer, looking forward to the concrete canyon for sure. As far as Bathurst, I don't really have any picks.... I'd like to see Fabs competitive up there, I think BJR could dark...