The stupid questions thread.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
What is with this new trend of tattooing a semicolon on your wrist?

It's for people that have beaten colon cancer, symbolises no longer having a full colon.

Turns out it is a common tatt and hipsters dig it. "The semicolon itself, is a very clever symbol representing - where the sentence could have ended but didn't."

Luckily for me I am far enough from the city centre that local people don't seem to get internet fad tattoos.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's for people that have beaten colon cancer, symbolises no longer having a full colon.

Turns out it is a common tatt and hipsters dig it. "The semicolon itself, is a very clever symbol representing - where the sentence could have ended but didn't."

Luckily for me I am far enough from the city centre that local people don't seem to get internet fad tattoos.
Another great answer. This is truly insightful.

moorey

call me Mia
So, all these fuckwits driving their shitters with massive negative camber.
1: is it legal?
5: do they get more than 500km out of their tyres?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So, all these fuckwits driving their shitters with massive negative camber.
1: is it legal?
5: do they get more than 500km out of their tyres?
No

And

No.....

.....but on the plus side, at least the shifter handles like a baby giraffe on ice.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another great answer. This is truly insightful.
Actually separate from the hipster title, it's newly recognised as a strong link to those who have endured mental illness - having symbolised that they could have ended it and didn't... so rather important to some people, not really one I'd make fun of.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Actually separate from the hipster title, it's newly recognised as a strong link to those who have endured mental illness - having symbolised that they could have ended it and didn't... so rather important to some people, not really one I'd make fun of.
I don't pretend to be a compassionate or understanding person, but why would you want to advertise that you had depression?
I only know a couple of people that have beat depression and the last thing either wants to do is talk about it.

I know another person that currently has it and uses it as a tool to get what they want and the shit human in me would assume that would be the sort of person that would get a visible tatt like the semi colon.

.:flame:

moorey

call me Mia
I don't pretend to be a compassionate or understanding person, but why would you want to advertise that you had depression?
I only know a couple of people that have beat depression and the last thing either wants to do is talk about it.

I know another person that currently has it and uses it as a tool to get what they want and the shit human in me would assume that would be the sort of person that would get a visible tatt like the semi colon.

.:flame:
Indicative of the company you keep, maybe.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Indicative of the company you keep, maybe.

Yeah I'm a pretty blunt unit and I fully understand that people just flat out don't like me but I would rather be myself and have a few close friends over pretending I'm a nice normal person and just getting along with everyone.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing wrong with being proud of coming out the other side of something awful? Also awareness for helping eliminate the stigma too I suppose. The Black Dog thread here shows just how common these kind of issues can be, even here.

Anyway, enough of the serious stuff and back to the fart jokes? hahaha :party:

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I'm a pretty blunt unit and I fully understand that people just flat out don't like me but I would rather be myself and have a few close friends over pretending I'm a nice normal person and just getting along with everyone.
Ah, yeah....that's exactly what I was implying:noidea:

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Ah, yeah....that's exactly what I was implying:noidea:
I never really understand what you are implying, was never much chop at comprehension.

Why do people need to refer to their 4WD as a truck and why in the last six months has every P plater managed to make their diesels make so much induction noise?