Search results

1. HamishS

Sold pls delete

Item: Endura Windchill Riding Jacket, perfect for early morning rides / commuting. Size is large (with a tight cut / fit), Colour is Red. Windproof, waterproof and breathable body and sleeves. Thermal Roubaix underarm and back insulation with an ergonomic cut for underarm reach. Location...
  2. HamishS

Noosa Triple 000 8hr

Just wondering if anyone is planning on riding this event, and maybe looking to to so as a team of two? Details are: Sat 8th August 8hr event (all, and all $ go to charity) www.workingwonders.com.au. PM me if keen to team up. H
  3. HamishS

[Qld] Safe road route from Brisbane to Gold Coast

Just wondering if anyone has a map or a website that will give me directions of a safe route for riding from Brisbane to the Gold Coast? Cheers H
  4. HamishS

Question time ... parting HT to transfer to FS frame

Ok, have been thinking of moving to a dually 29er for a while now and struggling with available funds as usual. Would love to go get a Spearfish though aint going to happen in the short-term. Alternative is to, take my 2009 Kona King Kahuna HT and part to transfer to a Voodoo Canzo 29er FS...
  5. HamishS

Looking for a Gold Coast XC tour guide

Moving up to the GC on Monday the 21st March ... looking to hook up with some XC folk to show me around the local trails esp Nerang as I'll be living in Cararra. Am free the remainder of that week (22nd - 27th) or following weekends. If you dont mind someone tagging along PM me, I am no...
  6. HamishS

LBS - Brisbane recommendations?

Moving to Brisbane in a few weeks time and looking for any recommendations of quality bike shops? Looking for good service and genuine staff - and if they organised any ride days even better. I'll be working in the Valley though happy have a shop a little further away if its worth my...
  7. HamishS

Adventure Racing tips?

Ok, have entered into an Adventure Race in 2wks time up at Glenrock (Newcastle). Wondering if anyone had any tips ... especially around transition area? Not entering to win rather than just test myself (and my mate) though looking to be fairly competitive. Have been told that the typical...
  8. HamishS

Found - pls delete

I've had a mate pull out of next weekends 8hr Spring Fat Tyre Festival at Awaba Looking for 1 x rider to make up team of 3. Details: Location: Awaba - about 1hr 30min north Sydney (I've never ridden though apparently amazing track) Date: Sunday 28th November Cost: $75 which includes...
  9. HamishS

Manly Dam - unofficially closed

For those who ride Manly Dam ... an email this morning from the Rangers below .. The mountain bike trail at Manly Dam is unofficially CLOSED due to the recent rain and extremely wet track conditions. As it is unofficial, I am asking you to stay off the track this weekend and wait to hear...
  10. HamishS

Why do I break chains ...

... like there is no tomorrow? Any advice would be great. Some info - - Im 95kgs, not a particularly 'hard' rider - snap most chains at the bottom of a small rise / hill (I cant really remember though dont think I am in the process of chaining gears) ... more so getting out of the...
  11. HamishS

NSW Wireless Computer

Item: Wireless Computer (happy to see any models) Location: Sydney, willing to pay postage though rather pick up from Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: $50-60 ish ... pending make / model / age Extra Info: Must be in good working order. Not looking for anything too flash and Cadence is not...
  12. HamishS

Road Cycling Club - what do you get out of it?

To start with the truth: none of my mates ride road bikes ... therefore struggling to find friends to ride with :eek: I am looking to getting more into road cycling (other than the commute to work) as having a young family is limiting my access to 1/2 and full days away on the weekends...
  13. HamishS

Why not more bikes with internal cable routing?

I was having a think about it and from a aesthetics point of view it makes sense ... looks better and keeps cables from getting snagged on anything. So why are there not more bikes (mtn or road) that are designed this way? Does having routing holes in the frame provide weakness points in...
  14. HamishS

Found please delete

Item: SPD Pedals (happy to see any models) Location: Sydney, willing to pay postage though rather pick up from Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: $30-50 ish ... pending quality / model may pay more Extra Info: Must be in working order ... they are for a road commuter so either true mtb...
  15. HamishS

Some State (NSW) wide press coverage for more Trail Advocacy

Check it out ... http://www.smh.com.au/environment/mountain-bike-riders-set-to-blaze-a-trail-through-national-parks-20100909-153ar.html Its a good start that the NSW government at least have this on their radar and looking to fund 'sustainable mountain bike trails'. Will be interested...
  16. HamishS

Back wheel wobble?

Ok I have picked myself up a cheap road bike for commuting to work ... all good so far. Have a quick question though - the back wheel seems to wobble a little under pressure, and the wheel is definitely true from close observation. What could this be? Am I confusing the wobble with...
  17. HamishS

Mtn bike pedals for a road bike ... stupid or not?

Happy to be pointed in the right direction if already answered elsewhere (though I couldnt find it) Just bought myself a cheap road bike to commute to work on and do some k's on the weekend which comes with road pedals. Im not looking to spend too much more money on the whole thing (i.e...
  18. HamishS

Highland Fling - 2010

Understand that tix go on sale this Thur though does anyone know what time the website opens for this? Have checked the WH website and no specific details, from memory last years was pretty early in the morning.
  19. HamishS

? on cassette brand + ratio

Ok, have been riding for a while though on the mechanical side of things there is a lot to be desired! Two questions on cassette's (as FYI I am riding a 09 Kona King Kahuna 29er - same as this http://www.konaworld.com/09/09_kingkahuna_en.cfm) 1) Ratio - what does 11-34 or 11-32 mean? -...
  20. HamishS

Looking for custom steel road bike brands?

Doing some research into getting my first road bike to be used as a commuter / weekend rides. I'm not looking for a super light bike rather something a little unique. Can anyone throw me some brands to look into? The one problem I am running into is trying to get a ride of these prior...