Search results

1. No Judge

Stem length...

Ok, so it's a bit of a noob question, but here goes... I've been getting a bit of understeer/front wheel washout on my bike. I've lowered my U-turns, played around with the tyre pressure, however the problem still remains. I was thinking of replacing the stem to a shorter one to put of bit...
  2. No Judge

Help with shock length

I blew my rear shock (Suntour RS6-LO) about 2 weeks ago. It has been back and forth to my LBS who surmised that no one wants to touch them in Australia :( To summarise the problems; The shock doesn't hold any air pressure, and is also locked in the compressed position (therefore I cannot measure...
  3. No Judge

Is my cassette broken?

As I was cleaning my bike this afternoon, I noticed that one of the teeth on one of the cogs on my rear cassette had completely broken off. Just the single tooth, and the rest of the cog seemed pretty much intact. I don't really have any idea how long ago or how this happened, but I am...
  4. No Judge

Local loops

I've been doing a little bit of reading on some local Loops (ie, trails or loops that begin and finish at your house). As I don't live on a hill, this got me to create my own local loop, which as it stands is pretty tame. Gutters/steps, flights of stairs, small natural jumps, train station...
  5. No Judge

A thought on disc brakes...

This is something that has been bugging me for a while now. Ive a bit of an intersest in motorbikes, and notice that some of the now have dual discs on the front wheel. One on each side, two rotors, two callipers, one lever... So why, in the high end world of MTB performance, dont top end DH...
  6. No Judge

Forrest in Winter?

I didnt want to hijack, so this is an expansion on the 'Where to ride when is raining/wet' thread: Does anybody know how the Forrest trails hold up over July/August? I was thinking of heading down there for another ride after falling in love in Feburary... A little bit of rain never hurt...
  7. No Judge

Should I be worried with RS U-Turns?

G'day, Im relatively new here, so firstly, hello everyone... I remember reading a while ago somewhere that changing your forks to a different length you can stress your frame in places where it shouldnt be stressed (because you change the head angle, etc). My bike has RS Recon U-Turns...