Forrest in Winter?

No Judge

Likes Dirt
I didnt want to hijack, so this is an expansion on the 'Where to ride when is raining/wet' thread:

Does anybody know how the Forrest trails hold up over July/August? I was thinking of heading down there for another ride after falling in love in Feburary...

A little bit of rain never hurt anyone, but I don't want to get down there to find them too boggy and unride-able. And I definately don't want to do any damage to the trails.

Or would it be best to go stay at the You-eys instead? As I have heard they hold up pretty well.

Cheers

i went a couple of times last winter. The yaughter trails were really good. The sandy soil seems to drain really well, didnt get boggy at all. i could only asume the trails the other side of town would be the same.

No Judge

Likes Dirt
Thanks crita (& welcome), i rode in yaughter last time, but am keen to check out the north bit.

I think i might head down for a pedal sometime.

Thanks again

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
i was at forrest in august and september last year the trails at the north were not quite beddded in but i was so wet and most of it was nearly unridable! yauger does deal with it well, but go to woodend, castlemaine or bendigo these areas deal with the wet really well!:) (rocky)

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
i was at forrest in august and september last year the trails at the north were not quite beddded in but i was so wet and most of it was nearly unridable! yauger does deal with it well, but go to woodend, castlemaine or bendigo these areas deal with the wet really well!:) (rocky)
Hope you don't mean the Woodend Wombat track, because in the wet that certainly is no fun whatsoever...