Recent content by triples

1. triples

The Fixie Thread

Fixie God, check your pm. Sent you one last night ;) I don't really need the bike, and more than likely it will sit there for a while. If someone needs it more than me go for your life. If not I will still come over on Sat.
  2. triples

The Fixie Thread

Keen on that bike buddy. Got any more pics? What size frame? What brand frame? Cheers
  3. triples

Bruce Ridge a.k.a O'connor Ridge Official Thread

Some of the single track on the ridge has been there pre 2002. I have been advised that you allowed to ride on preformed track. So it seems know one really knows what the go is.
  4. triples

You could try report it. There is a spot of trees where I ride you work, and the winds the other week took 4 trees down. One huge one that landed across the trail. This also happened a couple of months ago and took about 6 weeks for them to come out and clean it up. This time they were out in...
  5. triples

Didn't someone say that he was putting up the sticks/logs to block of the useless tracks that lead to know where to allow the vegitation to regrow.
  6. triples

Is Stromlo reopened yet?

Great pictures buddy. What camera did you use?
  7. triples

The Fixie Thread

Hi Guys, If anyone is interested I have copys of: one mag issues 1, 2, & 3 one mag spoke cards and post cards As well as outcast issues upto 15 PM for details
  8. triples

The Single Speed Thread

Hi Guys, If anyone is interested I have copys of: one mag issues 1, 2, & 3 one mag spoke cards and post cards As well as outcast issues upto 15 PM for details
  9. triples

I have most of the single track plotted out on the gps. When I get time I will download it over a map. Also watch out for horse riders, office workers from CIT walking during lunch time etc.
  10. triples

How did your first wheel build go? Vote!

For those having the problem with the spokes crossing over the valve, start point should be second to the right of the valve.
  11. triples

Frame Protection

Any signwriter or signwriter supplier can sell you this stuff for about $15 per metre, and with a sharp scalpal you can cut it to required shape. Best to do it when the bike is clean and warm. BBB also do a kit, much smaller qty but still around the $15 mark
  12. triples

Headset advice

You need a headtube reducer: http://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/532/41/ SCV imports bring them into the country and any good bike shop can get them. The other option would be to sell the headset and buy a king 1.5" unit
  13. triples

The Single Speed Thread

Why aluminium? I'm not sure how long an 18 or 19t would hold up on a ss with out the rest of the cassette stack to strengthen it. For the weight you would save, you may be better off drilling a steel cog.
  14. triples

29er Rear Wheelset/Rim help

How heavy are you?
  15. triples

29er Rear Wheelset/Rim help

What brand hub is it? I wouldn't bother spending the money on the rebuild if it has a cheap hub on it. Is the bike single speed or geared?