The Fixie Thread

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Cheers ezy, always helpful

So yeah....igofastdh if your willing to pay arund $30 for shipping I'd be happy to give you the bike

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Its a 1978 Kabuki something.....A 56sq frame with all the rust taken off and cleared. Waiting on a 19t sprocket, for the rear. Can sell you some drops, suntour vx drivetrain etc. for free with it???

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd get it, but i dont have much knowledge on fixies, so would prefer to buy a complete at the moment, thanks anyway :)

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
No worries, got another fella in Canberra gonna have a look anyways.

I was gonna spend some decent money on it but have been waitin for my DJ to sell up. Till then or till someone takes it off my hands, its all mine

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
I'm not here for a bidding war, I'm just saying if triples doesn't end up getting it because it's not the right size or anything... I will pick it up.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Girlfriends fixie conversion!

Big shout out to my mate Brent (Wheelworks) for helping me put this together today!

Made up of an old 52cm Repco frame + fork found on hard rubbish, a wheelset I had lying around, and other bits and pieces from the shop. Cost me $180 all up.

Currently running 39:15, nice and spinny! Front brake for safety, of course.
And weighed in at around 11kg..

Comments and criticism appreciated!
Thanks again Brent ;)

Last edited:

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Betcha she'll love it.

Liken those bars, wicked as, but you may need to up the ratio and lose some of the rust eventually

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Yeah, I've got some black cranks with a 42t ring I could whack on if she wants something a little harder. Might even get some riding pics in a few weeks ;)

SasQuatch_FR

Likes Dirt
this is my hard rubbish bike
a 93 cadex alr 1 (giant)
i have changed peddles bars seat seat post
and removed back brake, and spare cogs
i dont know how to split the casette tho :S
so if anyone knows can you pls tell me,
all i really need to do is that and tighten spokes
weighs in at 7-8kg max
tell me what u think..

Last edited: