The Single Speed Thread

Sekt

Likes Dirt
Why worry about ratio when you can drink enough beer to forget which direction the track goes and end up passed out under a tree covered in last night's surf'n'turf?

triples

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I have copys of:
one mag issues 1, 2, & 3
one mag spoke cards and post cards
As well as outcast issues upto 15

PM for details

INRI

Likes Dirt
I don't know hey - Hope Pro II ss hubs with I dont know what rim - probably something a little more AM oriented. Otherwise I'll run a Fizik Nisene, whatever post (probably syncros or ritchey), replace the bash with a 35t and try to stack two cogs on the back so I can run 32-17/35-15, ATAC's, and as much as I'd love some skinwall IRC Mythos for aesthetic value probably whatever tyres I have lying around the garage until I can afford some nice new rubber.

I'm putting in my wheel order tomorrow or tuesday, so the big question for me is rim choice (any ideas?) and silver or black spokes.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
INRI, very nice work. Not sure about the rigid fork (or for that matter, turbines in bright yellow, turbines yes, yellow...), will build up feather light, but my aging bones seem to need some squish up the front end.

I'm absolutely loving my Inbred (same model as yours) with the Fox Vanilla 100 on the front.

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Only 12 days to the Scott, my first crack at a 24hr and for some reason I thought it would be best to go solo and single speed. I have been playing with the gearing and have settled on 32:19.

Who else is coming along??

Rolla

Likes Bikes
INRI I have that exact frame and built up to 10.7kg with vanilla fork TWe wheels tubeless tyres. Its seriouslly quick can't wait to get it on some sparrow/strolmo/awaba.