The Single Speed Thread

aido ssss

Likes Bikes
Shiva ya timba

Fair enough, point taken, and yes I am the geek who would train for the egg and spoon race:D .........cant help it, personality flaw I guess, but I do genuinely enjoy myself more when I pull my finger out and have a go, was just concerned that this would be frowned upon? oh well, will find find out on the day hey:)
Yo Timbers

Comon up mate,
this is an event, its up to you how much ya wanna commit, there will be riding probably form the wed before till the wed after No shortage of trails. a rough plan so far:
social ride Friday arvo-eve, rego opens at the pub(tba) points start now, race all day sat (not just one race! tba), shenanigans sat night, Breke and preso sun morn (that's when the racing stops!), social ride Sunday.
I am not gonna give to much away now.
Check the poster. More info will be available the website as we get it up.

There will be some thing for everyone! if wanna race hard you will be rewarded, if you beat the other guys/gals who wanna race hard!
If your one of the many there for a laugh your already winning, maybe you could be rewarded also.

Attachments

splunk

Likes Dirt
I beat this mountain today, but from home in Ringwood, not Mount Evelyn. All up about 120-125kms, cut a little short so I could attend my daughter’s basketball game in Kilsyth. I left home at about 9:45 and got to Kilsyth at about 16:45. Pulled up ok, a little tired, but no cramps.
Mate, you brought back some painful memories of Mt Donna. You looked like you had minimal warm gear for the decent! When I rode it, it was snowing at the top and for the decent. Coldest i have ever been.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
but I do genuinely enjoy myself more when I pull my finger out and have a go, was just concerned that this would be frowned upon?
Nah man, its all good. Come on up and you can whip my arse and then we can have a few beers and laugh about it.

We might go for a bike ride too

triples

Likes Dirt
Why aluminium? I'm not sure how long an 18 or 19t would hold up on a ss with out the rest of the cassette stack to strengthen it. For the weight you would save, you may be better off drilling a steel cog.

liamo

Likes Dirt
Why aluminium? I'm not sure how long an 18 or 19t would hold up on a ss with out the rest of the cassette stack to strengthen it. For the weight you would save, you may be better off drilling a steel cog.
To save weight :confused: Why else?

Not too worried about durability. A well made alloy cog may not last longer than the chain does but that's ok, I'm happy to treat it as a consumable and replace it when the chain wears out.

Have seen CK and Niner alloy cogs online but don't know about getting them locally. May need to use USPS.

aido ssss

Likes Bikes
SS Nats Update

Howdy all

Sorry we have been quite, but its because we are busy sorting stuff. 3 months out and i am way psyched already. we are currently sorting out sponsorship and Rego in an effort to keep cost down, fun and inclusions up.
I will post as soon as soon as rego is open, stay tuned! Also worth Knowing there has to be a cap on numbers this year!

But for a tease here is the location ............

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?h...841602295958730437.00047205b8b76c5b1bfdc&z=12

Feel free to shoot us questions: about the event though, as i know little about quantum mechanics;)

aido ssss

Likes Bikes
What gear ratio should I run for this event? :eek:
if that is to stiff try.....
antimatter-matter collisions resulting in photon emission, the entire rest mass of the particles is converted to kinetic energy. The energy per unit mass (9×1016 J/kg) is about 10 orders of magnitude greater than chemical energy (compared to TNT at 4.2×106 J/kg, and formation of water at 1.56×107 J/kg), about 4 orders of magnitude greater than nuclear energy that can be liberated today using nuclear fission (about 40 MeV per 238U nucleus transmuted to Lead, or 1.5×1013 J/kg), and about 2 orders of magnitude greater than the best possible from fusion (about 6.3×1014 J/kg for the proton-proton chain). The reaction of 1 kg of antimatter with 1 kg of matter would produce 1.8×1017 J (180 petajoules) of energy (by the mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc²), or the rough equivalent of 47 megatons of TNT.