Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Vacuum leak, intake valve not a 100% sealing, ignition timing out and maybe another 100 things. :p
It’s not a vacuum leak, but I do have fears for an inlet valve that maybe got a rusty seat when the engine was sitting in the backyard over winter with plastic wrapped around it…

But. It idles well when I clear the computers learned parameters and after about a minute idling the STFT goes low and the idle gets wonky. And it’s switching back and forth between open and closed loop which is odd.

Next test is making sure the upstream sensor heater is getting power - the sensor I swapped from the scenic (identical engine) that runs perfectly and it’s still showing a slow response at idle which is perhaps making the ECU ignore it and go back to open loop.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Haven't done an update for a while...
  • Tune from CocoEuroTech
  • BMC Air intake fitted and modified for better air flow
  • Headlight bulbs upgraded (the oem are absolutely the worst headlights ever)
  • Not in picture...my wife and son bought me personalised plates for Xmas...nice surprise...wasn't expecting that.
Currently sits at just over 200hp...but only weighs just over 1000kg. My other car is a Golf R and previously a WRX, but the little Abarth is a far bigger handful to drive quick...and so much more fun.

Next stage will be an ARI Performance down pipe, upgraded BOV and another tune.

Haakon

Thats cool. I have the exact same engine in the Alfa, but stock at 170hp and 1350kgs... I can only imagine what a hoot that is!!

Haakon

Right. O2 sensor behave fine in the other car so its not that. Heater circuit 12v present and correct.

But the noisy PCV diaphragm has to be a clue, and I can hear air sucking - i swear if after all this it was a small vacuum leak i couldnt find ill cry... Just finally got bad enough to hear it.

But it might be the breather/oil separator plate on the top of the cam cover sucking air in. Pulled it off and there were shiny sealant free zones about where I think the sucking noise was - so it may have been giving the PCV way too much air and not pulling the small vacuum on the crankcase like its supposed to.

Pulled off, some permatex aviation glue was the closest i had to the adhesive reno recommends for the machined alloy to alloy interface. Will let that set until tomorrow and cross fingers.

LTIL - nailing the amount of sealant :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Right. O2 sensor behave fine in the other car so its not that. Heater circuit 12v present and correct.

But the noisy PCV diaphragm has to be a clue, and I can hear air sucking - i swear if after all this it was a small vacuum leak i couldnt find ill cry... Just finally got bad enough to hear it.

But it might be the breather/oil separator plate on the top of the cam cover sucking air in. Pulled it off and there were shiny sealant free zones about where I think the sucking noise was - so it may have been giving the PCV way too much air and not pulling the small vacuum on the crankcase like its supposed to.

Pulled off, some permatex aviation glue was the closest i had to the adhesive reno recommends for the machined alloy to alloy interface. Will let that set until tomorrow and cross fingers.

View attachment 385260
Gotta say, I admire your stubborn determination to fix this thing.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

View attachment 385260
It's French. It sucks everywhere.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Haven't done an update for a while...
  • Tune from CocoEuroTech
  • BMC Air intake fitted and modified for better air flow
  • Headlight bulbs upgraded (the oem are absolutely the worst headlights ever)
  • Not in picture...my wife and son bought me personalised plates for Xmas...nice surprise...wasn't expecting that.
Currently sits at just over 200hp...but only weighs just over 1000kg. My other car is a Golf R and previously a WRX, but the little Abarth is a far bigger handful to drive quick...and so much more fun.

View attachment 385258

Next stage will be an ARI Performance down pipe, upgraded BOV and another tune.
When this gets mundane.

Suzuki cappuccino with a built hyabusa engine running 45psi.

700kg, 1000hp. You will know you’re alive then.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
When this gets mundane.

Suzuki cappuccino with a built hyabusa engine running 45psi.

700kg, 1000hp. You will know you’re alive then.
Not sure how long that engine is going to last at that power output... but certainly would be a unique driving experience.
It seems to be the trend... to take a small/micro car and drop a Hayabusa engine in. The first I recall seeing was a Smart Car / Hayabusa conversion.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Not sure how long that engine is going to last at that power output... but certainly would be a unique driving experience.
It seems to be the trend... to take a small/micro car and drop a Hayabusa engine in. The first I recall seeing was a Smart Car / Hayabusa conversion.
Then there was the twin hyabusa powered smart car

Haakon

So apparently it's a road rule in the UK that you must put your handbrake on at traffic lights so you don't blind people behind with your brake lights. And you thought Americans are weird!